Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Repeating Help

Hi,

From what I can tell if one uses an image as a material and ask Revit to repeat it say in the horizontal plane, it sets the first image from the left of the object the material is applied to.

Is it possible to get Revit to get the image to be repeated to set out from the centre of the element?

What I am trying to do is to take a 3 column wide tile layout and repeat it to create a tiling layout on a wall. At the moment the tiling layout sets out from the left hand side of the wall element. I would like it to set it out from the centre of the wall.

Any ideas?

Bryan
    "To make something foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."

Bryan

Apply a model fill pattern as the surface pattern for your material. Use the "texture alignment" button under where you assigned the surface pattern to align your model pattern with your texture image. Then, in your view, tab to select a line that is part of the surface pattern and move it. Or, you could use the align tool to align the surface pattern with the desired location on your wall. The texture will move with the surface pattern. Note that it has to be a model fill pattern and not a drafting fill pattern that is applied to the surface.
    Michael
    Canberra, Australia

Comment

Exar, - I was using an image of a group of tiles created in the equivalent of Photoshop and then trying to see if there was a setting on the image texture editor. If I use a surface pattern I can't visually simulate the pattern tiles on the wall - it's also a combination of not equal sized tiles.
      "To make something foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."

Bryan

Comment

The actual surface pattern you use isn't particularly important if you just want to get the render image to look correct. Just use the texture alignment tool to align the surface pattern you choose to a known point on the image file and then use that to align to in your view. If you want a surface pattern to also acurately represent the image file texture then you'll need to make a custom surface pattern - you could try using merterns3d hatch22 program.
        Michael
        Canberra, Australia

Comment