Upgrading a license to BDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading a license to BDS

I'm trying to upgrade my Revit install from the ACA / Revit Suite to Building Design Suite and it's being difficult. I can't change my license number in the program since the product keys are different. I tried exporting the license but when I opened Revit again the only option it gives me is Import or the old S/N & Product Key.

I know it has to be easier than this - what am I missing?

edit: everything is a standalone install, no network installs
    Last edited by cellophane; February 13, 2012, 03:40 PM.
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

I think you need to uninstall all things Revit / ACA and reinstall from the suite. If I remember correctly, the suite uses one product key for all the products. They are "linked", so to speak. One license runs them all. So, you'll need to start from scratch.

But, I'm not 100% sure, only about 90% so wait for someone else to confirm before you blow everything out. :thumbsup:
    Dan

Comment

You may need to contact your reseller.
      Also, if you are on subscription, check your coverage report and make sure all serial numbers and product keys are correct.
      Cliff B. Collins
      Registered Architect
      The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
      Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
        I think you need to uninstall all things Revit / ACA and reinstall from the suite. If I remember correctly, the suite uses one product key for all the products. They are "linked", so to speak. One license runs them all. So, you'll need to start from scratch.

But, I'm not 100% sure, only about 90% so wait for someone else to confirm before you blow everything out. :thumbsup:
        That fixed it. At least the install is pretty fast compared to what it used to be. I remember spending all day swapping out 5.25" disks to install software... :banghead:

chad

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
          That fixed it. At least the install is pretty fast compared to what it used to be. I remember spending all day swapping out 5.25" disks to install software... :banghead:
          I was right?? I just guessed. :hide:

J/K :laugh:
          Dan

Comment

Shocker.

chad

Comment