Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall Hatch Patterns

Hey,

We are crrently in the process of working on a hybid project.
    2/3rd of the docs are being done in ADT and the remainder is being done in Revit. No problem.
    The office is in the process of switching over from ADT to Revit. No problem.

My issue is that the current office standards have a ridculous number of wall types and hatch patterns to go with them. Now I can trasnfer the standard ACad hatch patterns, no problem however, how can i reproduce these hatch patterns (see attached) in revit so the documents are consistant over the entire project?
    Is it a case of simply adding the hatch patterns from adt into the revit library? are they even compatable?
    Attached Files
    Andrew Harp
    BIM Manager GHD
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
    If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

One of the Live Sessions covered pattern creation. I fail and can't find the link right now... :hide:

I'm sure someone has it handy.
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Some of those you won't be able to do as a fill pattern... in particular those with numbers in them. I would also bet that you'll have problems getting the others with linetypes down the center to work as a fill pattern the way you want. Explore but be prepared to change a standard or two.
      Greg McDowell Jr
      about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

I might be missing something here, but if it's a .pat file than it is compatiable no matter what. the only differnce is you may have specify either "drafting" or "model" in the .pat text file.

I agree with GMcDowellJr regardless. Be prepared to change your standards.

When Revit installs, there is a text file that explains how to create, and modify custom hatches for Revit. It's in the same folder as the default hatch definition that comes with Revit. Should be in a path similar to this:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2012\Data

Comment

You might give this a look:

#hatch22-2012#
          Cliff B. Collins
          Registered Architect
          The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
          Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

HI Guys,
            Yep, the pat fils work fine for the faitrly standard stuff. We I actually challenged the current CAD manager here about it, it was determined that they were actually line paterns anyway. So, looks like, for this project anyway, we will need to create LB families or Detail lines to place over the top of them.
            Any new work will be a cahnge to office standards........

Thanks for the responses.
            Andrew Harp
            BIM Manager GHD
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
            If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Comment