X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swearing on Forum - Censor

Hi All

As per the previous announcement, I have re-posted and added some info so new members are aware of the censoring regime.

.................................................. .................................................. ................

A few hours ago we switched on the censoring filters to the forum.

All of the well known profanities will be automatically replaced with "********:

Whilst none of us had any great problems with the level and type of swearing on some threads, we became aware yesterday that some companies use internet filters which word search and will block access to any site which contains common (and not so common ), swear words.

Thus to ensure that all members can access the forum from both work and at home the censor filter is on.

The filter will replace offending word with the **** in PM's as well as in the threads.

We have gone through the list that has been adopted and have removed words that we think are quite OK. British...Canadian...Nuke and others.

If you find a word which is either censored inappropriately or should be censored please notify one of the admin team via email.

Cheers,
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Related Topics

Collapse

• Swearing on forum - Censor Filters
    Hi All,

A quick heads up.

A few hours ago we switched on the censor filter which replaces the obvious words with "*******"....
    February 3, 2011, 10:48 PM
  • Forum advertisement rules
    I want some opinions on a discussion I had with several other self-employed forum members and moderators concerning forum advertisement and product placement....
    August 30, 2011, 01:01 PM
  • A new beginning
    Hello, and welcome to this new forum, dedicated to all the Revit Users "out there"

This new Forum is not meant to substitute...
    December 7, 2010, 11:18 AM
  • Important Announcement on Future Funding Of Revit Forum
    Hi All,

Revit Forum is approaching our first birthday in a few months time.

When Klaus first set this up, I am sure he did...
    Voluntary donations, NO restrictions / NO icons.
    57.89%
    Voluntary donations, NO restrictions, WITH icons.
    19.30%
    Voluntary donations, NO restrictions to the forum part, but with paid for content.
    3.51%
    Paid membership
    0.00%
    Advertisement (Google, Targeted, Geo, or similar)
    12.28%
    Membership ads
    7.02%
    None of the Above
    0.00%
    August 19, 2011, 06:20 AM
  • Forum extremely slow....
    Lately when I've been trying to read the forum between about 4.30pm and maybe 10.30pm, the forum response has been extremely slow, like taking up to four...
    April 6, 2011, 12:16 PM
Working...
X