segment section w/ scope box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

segment section w/ scope box

scope box is a great tool but seems having quite a few issues, for instance, after rotate project or true north, i have to recreate scope box unless someone can tell me i don't have to.

now i encountered another issue, i have segment section directly cut through staircase, i can see that staircase untill i applied scope box, if i change that segment section back to normal section, then that staircase show up again, i mean in section view.

i don't know if it's scope box issue, or staircase issue, anyone had similar case before?

i did some test, see attached JPGs, seems only one of these 2 cases works, looks like a bug to me, or am i missed something?
    Attached Files

Comment

could you post the sample project? Not seeing this behaviour...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

see attached RVT, you cannot see staircase in section 1.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very weird indeed :confued:

You should send this file to Autodesk Support - Something is very messed up in the file as far as I can tell.
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

happy new year Klaus!

file should be OK as i created that new file w/o using any template in order to reduce file size, you can try create new file using normal or default template.

looks like a bug to me.

Comment

Happy New Years to you too!

Tried to replicate the behavior on a blank file but couldn't - Which is why I suggested to have Autodesk Support looking at it.
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I think I have figured out what the issue is..have a look at this.

Split Segment Section and Scope Box
                Pfaulder | London, UK

Comment

I ran into this problem yesterday. Prior to plot everything to PDF for delivery, I turned scope box on several sections and ruined all split sections . Luckily it was plot on pdf only...
                  So today, I tried to recreate this situation and came to this conclusion - similar as Rahul.
                  When scope box is applied to split section, near clip will occur, beginning at the plane in which the first part of section mark was drawn - no matter is it drawn form left to right or vice versa. Look at the attached example, section is drawn from right to left for this purpose. Version is 2011.

Section-Scope-1.jpgSection-Scope-2.jpg
                  Hirvio
                  Last edited by Hirvio; April 5, 2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment