X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Room / Room Tag too Linked models

Good Day guys!

I have another question.
    Is it possible to create room tags with linked revit files?
    We have different models for architectural & structural. (Columns, shear walls, slabs are modeled in structural files, while blockworks, floor finishes, ceilings, etc. are modeled in Architectural files). i can't seem to create a room/room tag for areas/rooms which has a structural wall in one or more part of a room. I believe 2012 can tag the linked files, but the room tagging is not working. somebody please help!

You can tag rooms from linked model. But if you are trying to create rooms using linked models then you will have to mae those models room bounding so that you can create rooms and then tag rooms.
    HTH
    Pfaulder | London, UK

Comment

Originally posted by pfaudler View Post
      You can tag rooms from linked model. But if you are trying to create rooms using linked models then you will have to mae those models room bounding so that you can create rooms and then tag rooms.
      HTH
      Wow, learn something new every day. I always assumed you had to create the rooms in the linked file and then tag them in the host, didn't know there was a box to make the link room bounding. Great tip, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Raigoki View Post
        ... I believe 2012 can tag the linked files, but the room tagging is not working. somebody please help!
        Raigoki, with linked files you have to check your View Range as well.. to check your View Range, you must have coordinated (monitored) Levels between the Linked file and the Host File..

Now that you have your Levels monitored, make sure the Rooms from the Linked file are visible. If your Room Tags from the Linked model are Visible, you can use Copy-Paste to get the same Family.. then Tag away...
        “You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.”
        -Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by oj manlapaz View Post
          Raigoki, with linked files you have to check your View Range as well.. to check your View Range, you must have coordinated (monitored) Levels between the Linked file and the Host File..

Now that you have your Levels monitored, make sure the Rooms from the Linked file are visible. If your Room Tags from the Linked model are Visible, you can use Copy-Paste to get the same Family.. then Tag away...
          thank you guys!

btw, what if i already checked the room bounding box but still i cannot create room/room tag?

Comment

Originally posted by Raigoki View Post
            thank you guys!

btw, what if i already checked the room bounding box but still i cannot create room/room tag?
            It could be possible that one of the walls from the original model is not room bounding. Once you select a linked model, you should see the Room references highlighted. If you see a Room which is not in bounded, you would have to go back to the original model and fix that Room. Or you could use a Room Separation Line to cover any possible 'Openings'..
            “You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.”
            -Anonymous

Comment

There can be various others reasons why you wouldn't be able to create rooms using linked model, like view range, active workset visibility etc..
              Hard to comment without looking at the model really?
              Can you replicate this issue in seprate two models and upload them here so that we can iinvestigate?
              R
              Pfaulder | London, UK

Comment