Loading Curtain wall mullion profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Curtain wall mullion profile

I have created and mullion profile using the proper template I think, it loads as a profile but not as a mullion. Any thoughts as to what I did wrong?
    Thanks
    Tom

Mullions arent profiles. Mullions USE profiles. You need to make a new type of mullion, then put the profile in it...
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

OK thanks, If I select the mullion and then Edit Type the program will not let me duplicate the mullion. Where do I make a new type?

Comment

You can create a new profile by either opening an existing one, save as a new file and then editing the profile, or from scratch:

New - Family - (opens up the family template files) select Profile - Mullion sketch your profile - save the family - load into project.

Cheers,
        Ian Kidston
        http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Go to the Mullion family in the project browser, expand it. Select a type, right mouse click > Duplicate. Give a new name > RMC > Edit type. Now you can assign a new profile.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
            Go to the Mullion family in the project browser, expand it. Select a type, right mouse click > Duplicate. Give a new name > RMC > Edit type. Now you can assign a new profile.
            then right click on your new Mullion name and select Properties and change your Profile here
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              then right click on your new Mullion name and select Properties and change your Profile here
              Or what he said...
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment