material is not assigning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

material is not assigning

i do not know what is happening i assigned material site water nothing is appeared of this material in water.
    Attached Files

please help when i am assigning material it is become black
    Attached Files

Comment

If you look at you material settings your shaded color is set to black or the material setting is black.
      Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

YEAH scott I made check mark use render appearance for shading so when i assign material it take nearest color but no when i assign new material it become black and when render it is become transparent. i hope finding solution i am in trouble.
        Last edited by ahmed_hassan; December 8, 2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Is this an upgraded project? Seems like an error in the material settings... Easiest fix, is to just NOT check the "Use Render appearance for shading", and manually assign a blue and transparent color for the shaded views. You could also try to recreate the water material from scratch...
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

i build it on revit 2011 and i am using revit 2011 until now. about upgraded i do not get it. i unchecked the "Use Render appearance for shading' but what i am caring is for render output . the problem is still in the render i need help on this as my boss is starting to be angry.
            i uploaded image for my problems plus one file revt inside zip that has one wall but it has exactly the same problem i have.
            i hope anyone discover what is wrong with material i assigned i need urgent help on this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, thought that your problem was only with the shaded views.
              Do you get any error messages when the rendering starts?
              And have you applied the path to that custom material to the render appearance tab under options?
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

thanks Munkholm for replying , i did not get any error message before render. i do not know about apply custom material, i used to choose my suitable material through replace button to choose the materials that come from factory(out of box) and replace the existing material.
                the method of replacing and assigning new material was working before fine but now the problem i face is like disease that crawl on my new materials and hence it makes the category like wall or stair totally transparent which is really disaster.
                i attached one wall that i copied from my project for further diagnostic for this disease.
                please help
                Attached Files

Comment

This wall has NO material assigned to it at all. Its set to by category, so whatever your wall "by category" material is will be assigned.

Comment

I see you painted the surface. try giving the wall a material in the wall properties.

PS the check box use render in shaded has nothing to do with the rendering output.

Comment