Dimension Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension Question

Hi guys, another simple question apologies, IM tring to dimension 2 points on the same wall but aligned dimension wont work as it only lets me dimsion the face of walls and not points in walls and since the wall is not at a right angle to the adjoining wall the dimension wont be correct, ive included a PDF of the 2 points I need to dimension. ThanksStudio.pdf

Originally posted by MachoMan View Post
    Hi guys, another simple question apologies, IM tring to dimension 2 points on the same wall but aligned dimension wont work as it only lets me dimsion the face of walls and not points in walls and since the wall is not at a right angle to the adjoining wall the dimension wont be correct, ive included a PDF of the 2 points I need to dimension. Thanks[ATTACH]5416[/ATTACH]
    You can use the Linear Dimensions, sometimes you need to toggle on the tab key to dimension the point
    Revit Arch 2013 Certified Professional
    Phlippines Revit User Group
    Architecture | Structure | MEP
    International Order Of DeMolay

Comment

Linear dims are only horizontal or vertical. If you want the dim to be along the length of the wall, you'll need to use aligned dims and hover over the corner and hit the TAB key several times until the corner highlights. Then, do the same thing on the other end.
      Attached Files
      Dan

Comment

Hi engel, I can select the points with the tab key but since the wall is not perpendicular to the adjoining wall I do not get the right dimension, as shown.Untitled.jpg

Comment

Hi thanks dzatto but I solved it I had to hide the adjoining wall then do my dimension then unhide it.

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
            Linear dims are only horizontal or vertical. If you want the dim to be along the length of the wall, you'll need to use aligned dims and hover over the corner and hit the TAB key several times until the corner highlights. Then, do the same thing on the other end.
            yes i mean align hehe just need to toggle see the point. :laugh:
            Revit Arch 2013 Certified Professional
            Phlippines Revit User Group
            Architecture | Structure | MEP
            International Order Of DeMolay

Comment

Hi thanks dzatto but I solved it I had to hide the adjoining wall then do my dimension then unhide it.
              That's one way to do it, but I would suggest getting used to the TAB key. Cycling through things in Revit is a way of life. :thumbsup:
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
                That's one way to do it, but I would suggest getting used to the TAB key. Cycling through things in Revit is a way of life. :thumbsup:
                Tab and Space Bar!!!
                -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Hi thanks I got it eventually after hitting the tab button about 50 times and putting on a pair of binoculars so I could see the dot

Comment

Hi thanks I got it eventually after hitting the tab button about 50 times and putting on a pair of binoculars so I could see the dot
                    :laugh: Yeah, I forgot to mention that part. If you look at the status bar (bottom left of the screen) as you tab, you will see it list whatever it is that you have selected. Keep going until you see it say Intersection of [whatever the wall name is] and [whatever the second wall name is]. Then, you're good. Your cursor has to be really close to the intersection. Zooming in also helps.

Also, under the Revit R (in the top left) dropdown, go to options. Then, select the graphics tab. There, you can change your slection color. Dark blue on a black line is really hard to see. You can change it to light blue, pink, green, whater you want. That should help as well.
                    Last edited by dzatto; November 22, 2011, 04:42 PM.
                    Dan

Comment