Material keynotes corrupted by filled regions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material keynotes corrupted by filled regions

Over the top of my floor plan, I've created a number of coloured transparent filled regions to demonstrate various elements of the project to appropriate people. The problem is that these filled regions seem to corrupt the material keynotes and return them to "?", as though they are trying to reference the region rather than the model geometry. Occasionally, hiding the region, shuffling the keynote back and forth and then unhiding the region will rectify a keynote, but I wouldn't want to have to do this throughout the whole project.
    Do you know how I can overcome this issue?
    Cheers, Brett

Hi Brett,

Maybe color schemes might be a better way of differentiating the various elements in your design. The schemes will not get in the way of the keynote tags.

A quick how to can be found at Creating a Color Scheme - WikiHelp

Cheers,
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks Ian. I was trying to show the builder the extent of a waterproof membrane to balcony slabs and in this instance, colour schemes work well.
      Cheers, Brett

Comment

OK I think I spoke too soon. The colour scheme also seems to be negating the keynotes.

Any other ideas???
        Cheers, Brett

Comment

Hi Brett,

Not sure why you are having a problem with it. I tested prior to the earlier posting and have just re tested now, and for me keynotes work perfectly.

I have applied keynotes both by material and by element with color schemes applied by rooms without any issues.

I know this might sound like a silly question, but are you sure that the keynote file is loaded correctly. Double check and re path. I set my path type as relative in the keynote settings table.
          Last edited by Ian.Kidston; November 24, 2011, 08:58 AM.
          Ian Kidston

Comment

Yes, the path is fine.

I need to switch off rooms to be able to keynote the floor otherwise Revit wants to keynote the room. So, I switch off rooms, material keynote the floor (appears fine), turn back on rooms and the keynote changes to a "?". Very strange
            Cheers, Brett

Comment

mmmm...very strange.

Mine works fine, I will have a look at whatever Room settings I can find & let you know if I come up with anything.
              Ian Kidston

Comment

OK, I am officially stumped.

I have tried adjusting pretty much everything I can think of in rooms (Calculated height, the way the room is calculated by walls etc), and can find no way for rooms or color schemes applied to rooms to block keynotes from being applied.

Maybe upload part of the file here and we can have a look at it.

Further info:
                FWIW I tested placing keynotes by both element and material with an opaque filled region placed over the top of the floor. No impact whatsoever - keynote still works as expected.
                Last edited by Ian.Kidston; November 25, 2011, 12:23 AM. Reason: Further Info
                Ian Kidston

Comment

Come to think of it, I have had a similar problem. I was tagging by material, but had a Filled Region (FR) on top. The did only show '?', and if I hid the FR the tag would show, but when unhiding, the ? came back.. I then tried in a fresh project, and all was fine..
                  Don't think we ever figured what was up..

Comment

Material Tag & Filled Region issue

Originally posted by KimArndt View Post
                    Come to think of it, I have had a similar problem. I was tagging by material, but had a Filled Region (FR) on top. The did only show '?', and if I hid the FR the tag would show, but when unhiding, the ? came back.. I then tried in a fresh project, and all was fine..
                    Don't think we ever figured what was up..

We are having the exact same issue described by KimArndt, with Revit Architecture 2012. We are tagging curtain wall glazing with material tag. Some of the galzing has special pattern, that we are showing with a Filled Region. This makes the Material tag show a "?". when the FR is hidden, tag shows appropriate value. Unhiding the FR makes the tag go to "?". Is this a bug? FR being an annotation element should be having no effect on a tag whatsoever.

Comment