Changing Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Levels

hi, can anyone help me how to change the level elevation into meters if its primary units is in millimeters? pls see attached file.
    Attached Files

This can be controlled by Project or overridden in the Level Head Tag. To override in the level tag without effecting the rest of the project:

Edit the Level Head family tag you are using. Select the Elevation Label, Choose Edit Label. Select the parameter and choose edit units and then change it from using Project Settings.

See attached Screenshot.
    Attached Files
    Chris Price
    Co Founder | BIM Manager | Product Designer | B.Arch (QUT)
    Xrev Revit API Add-ins | Revit Rants

Comment

Great tip!
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spot View Post
        This can be controlled by Project or overridden in the Level Head Tag. To override in the level tag without effecting the rest of the project:

Edit the Level Head family tag you are using. Select the Elevation Label, Choose Edit Label. Select the parameter and choose edit units and then change it from using Project Settings.

See attached Screenshot.

hi mr spot, can you tell me where to locate edit level when i click on the elevation head? tnx for the response.

Comment

Originally posted by r7_human8y View Post
          hi mr spot, can you tell me where to locate edit level when i click on the elevation head? tnx for the response.
          you have to figure out which level head family you are using in your project then edit the elevation label in it's family file, not in the project
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Select the level, go to type properties, see which Level Head family is used. Find it in the Project Browser under Families, right click and choose Edit. It now opens the family file to edit the label. Edit, save and load into project.
            Martijn de Riet
            MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              Select the level, go to type properties, see which Level Head family is used.
              I've never been able to find a level type this way, or many other annotation family types for that matter. In the project that I'm currently in if I select a level in Type Properties the type is Level - Story Level. There is no such listing under Families/Annotation Symbols. There are three Level Heads listed but none that match what is in TP. It's always by guess and by golly around here. Am I missing something?

Comment

I'm not talking about the type of Level, I'm referring to the type of Level Head associated with that Level type...
                It should be under Graphics > Symbol (are you sure this section is not folded in?). See attached
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mdradvies; November 21, 2011, 01:37 PM.
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                  I'm not talking about the type of Level, I'm referring to the type of Level Head associated with that Level type...
                  It should be under Graphics > Symbol (are you sure this section is not folded in?). See attached

got it, thanks

Comment

Not a problem... Have fun with reconfiguring all anno's tonight... :laugh:
                    Martijn de Riet
                    MdR Advies

Comment