Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if i split face for painting can we back it to its original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i split face for painting can we back it to its original?

Hi , i was asking myself if i split face for purpose of painting it material then if i changed my mind and want to merge two faces and remain on other faces how this can be done ?
    also, if i want to make face back into its orginal state how this can be done too ?

Just select the boundary lines of the split face and press delete. The original surface will return.

There is not a way to "merge" split face boundaries.
    Jeff Hanson
    Sr. Subject Matter Expert
    Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

In 2012, take a look at using Parts for assigning different materials by Dividing the Parts within a compound wall,floor, roof,ceiling, etc.

Split Face/Paint method is bad because it can get destroyed when edits are made.
      Cliff B. Collins
      Registered Architect
      The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
      Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

parts , i heard a lot about it i wish i can go to revit 2012 , my computer tell me revit 2012 installed and it is actually not. so until now the option is to format which is hard decision because 200 gb can not be removed easily from drive c

Comment

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
          ...Split Face/Paint method is bad because it can get destroyed when edits are made.
          ...and it usually doesn't reflect the real world condition. Siding, soldier brick course, window header/sill, etc. are the items actually build/installed, not painted .

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but once you starts using Parts there's no going back right? I mean if you select a Wall and turns Parts on you can't change the length of the all, as an example, without first deleting Parts. Is that right? If so then I question it's usefulness in a design office where they makes changes up to, through, and past CDs.
            Greg McDowell Jr
            about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment