Door Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Hardware

Hi guys, im drawing a Custom Door Family and I want to put a pull handle into the model but cant seem to find any, does revit 2011 come with door hardware components? I cant seem to find any in the libraries folder. Also I want to do a door schedule showing number of hinges, fire raring etc. can I add all these in the Door Template or can I only add those when I bring it into the project. Thanks

Try to search Autodesk Seek. I found some door knobs and such on there.

Or, you can create your own and nest them into the door family. You can schedule them.
    All of your parameters such as fire rating, number of hinges, etc can be built into the family if you wish. Just create a parameter for them in the family, and fill it in for each type you create within that family.
    Dan

Comment

Remember to make the parameters "Shared".....
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I suggest to add the shared parameters on the project to easly manage some instance parameter, because sometimes we use same type but. some parameter are not the same like the "fire rating" and "hardware type"then you can also create door tag and add the shared parameters. see attached image for sample.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by engel_hg; November 18, 2011, 08:50 AM.
        Revit Arch 2013 Certified Professional
        Phlippines Revit User Group
        Architecture | Structure | MEP
        International Order Of DeMolay

Comment

Just rob a handle from one of the existing families, we did that to make a fire rated door and needed a panic handle.
          Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Comment

Hi guys I created my door and added a list of shared Parameters but when I bring it into a project file and create a Schedule im not allowed modify the cell under the parameter eg. I have a dB rating parameter with a text value but it wont let me put in the value

Comment

Originally posted by MachoMan View Post
              Hi guys I created my door and added a list of shared Parameters but when I bring it into a project file and create a Schedule im not allowed modify the cell under the parameter eg. I have a dB rating parameter with a text value but it wont let me put in the value
              have you add the shared parameters into the project?
              Last edited by engel_hg; November 18, 2011, 04:19 PM.
              Revit Arch 2013 Certified Professional
              Phlippines Revit User Group
              Architecture | Structure | MEP
              International Order Of DeMolay

Comment

Originally posted by engel_hg View Post
                I suggest to add the shared parameters on the project to easly manage some instance parameter, because sometimes we use same type but. some parameter are not the same like the "fire rating" and "hardware type"then you can also create door tag and add the shared parameters. see attached image for sample.
                Originally posted by engel_hg View Post
                have you add the shared parameters into the project?
                No need to add the SP as a project parameter too... Just add it to the schedule (and the tag, if needed).
                Attached Files
                Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Tiny remark there Klaus:
                  In the second screen (where you dedfine the parameter and category) the checkbox for "Add to all elements in the category" should be checked...
                  I think that's also the problem with the OP...
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Great catch Martijn - You're absolutely right :beer:
                    Klaus Munkholm

Comment