Siding at Sloped Rppf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siding at Sloped Rppf

Working a small project. We have a lot of sloping roofs and I'm needing to get the siding on the walls to follow the slope of the roof. I've just unlocked the finish layer and pulled it up to show the problem.

The siding will be 1 to 2 inches thick. At first I was building exterior wall assemblies with the various layers including the siding, but it is becoming hard to work with due to various different depths and compositions, soffits walls, parapets, and with various interior finishes and so on. Now I'm leaning towards just wrapping the whole building in a 2 inch thick wall with a single finish layer for the siding over the face of the stud walls, and editing the profiles at some of the troublesome areas.

Is this a reasonable approach? Or is there a better way.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by B Arch; November 16, 2011, 01:35 AM.

2 separate walls defiantly the way to go. "Align" the 2 walls together the "Join Geometry" them together so windows and doors cut both walls.
    Don't forget there are 2 options with attach wall "top" and "base" these 2 option can save you some trouble rather than edit profile.
    Attached Files
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Also don't forget walls attach "top" and "base" to Ref Planes as well. Very handy in some situations.
      Attached Files
      Mark Balsom

Comment

Mark is this extra side is it another thin layer of wall you mean ?
        Did you used edit profile or join wall with roof ?
        i think also if this is done by wall sweep in section preview it can not be done but your suggestion mark is smart.
        i heard also revit 2012 has feature called parties which allow you defragment wall into pieces after it was one full piece.

Comment

Yes 2 seperate walls. I did not use edit profile just attached cladding wall "base" to roof (or Ref Plane) below and attached cladding wall "top" to roof (or Ref Plane above).

If you use 2 seperate walls (they can also have a gap between up to around 250mm I think) then use "join geometry" on the 2 walls sp windows and doors will cut both walls.

I did not use edit profile in any of the examples.
          Attached Files
          mark b
          Last edited by mark b; November 16, 2011, 09:15 AM.
          Mark Balsom

Comment

Just tested and wall seperation can be up to 150mm and join geometry still works
            Mark Balsom

Comment

Do you mean that you test parties feature or joining two separate wall or....?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
                Do you mean that you test parties feature or joining two separate wall or....?
                Just the joining two seperate walls maxium distance apart.
                Have not used the "Parts" feature much yet, have not had the need, i think I will wait untill ADSK refine this feature a bit more.
                Mark Balsom

Comment

Thanks for all the good advice.

B Arch

Comment