your opinion on which best method for this multi opening arch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your opinion on which best method for this multi opening arch

Hi, i have like this arch i have multi optins to do it like wall :1-edit profile 2-make empty opening from modifying opening family come with revit 3- make new family door with just opening , in your opinion which method are you going to use i need to know this for better knowledge on how to achieve something faster and correctly to its suitable category.
    Attached Files

I would think.. that it would be best done using the profile. If it were a repeatable and constant shape, then maybe an opening would do the job, but altering the profile of that wall would to me, be the easiest way.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it

Comment

right , i am just wondering because it is not arch opening , i have not arch opeing only i have empty space between archs.

Comment

Im not sure I know what the problem is then. What I would do is set the base of the wall in that area to be above a level, and then create the profile to suit the shape you want. Should be fairly simple.
        I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it

Comment

Make an opening family the shape you want. and copy it around.
          Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

Originally posted by sdbrownaia View Post
            Make an opening family the shape you want. and copy it around.
            +1, not sure that with Edit profile, it will schedule the correct quantity...,
            Julien
            "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
            P. DAC
            Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Scott i tried to apply your suggestion but once the two opening intersect each other, programme tell me to delete instance which cause then delete the second opening as you can see in the second image.
              only it will not show the message if you did not make intersect and that what i do not want.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure whats happening. I use this tecnique on many projects. I use a Generic Model - Wall hosted family, the origin is the center of it. Try just placing another instance. Openings in my experienc can overlap. Maybe if you post your opening family i can see if something is wrong with it.
                Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

well it was opening door family
                  here it is
                  Attached Files

Comment

I use Scotts method as well, except i go with Generic Model - Face Based.

Downside is you have to have types for depths (it cant read the wall thickness), but its well worth it to me, since i can make it overly thick, and have it cut all sorts of things instead of just walls.
                    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment