heating and cooling analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heating and cooling analysis

Hi guys I am a student and have been tasked with completing a heating and cooling analysis with Revit Mep 2012.
    I am a complete novice with using Revit .
    I have been given a compressive set of AutoCAD .dwg drawings of the building in which the analysis has to be created for.
    I was wondering can anyone give me some pointers on how I may get started.
    Do I link the AutoCAD drawing to Revit and start tracing around the walls is this correct?
    Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum... What's the timeframe?
    For now, I'd say that if the building is somewhat easy to redraw: forget about linking in (but that's the purist talking)... It'll slow your model down and most of the time you're just as fast with redrawing from scratch.

First thing you need to do: set up datums (levels, grids, and so on).
    Then set up outer walls, partition walls, floors, roof, ceilings, openings, and you're almost done...
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Hi thanks for the feedback on getting levels set up i am currently going through some tutorials on this.
      The time frame is around 3 months
      The AutoCAD drawing is very large as it is based on a university building so i think it may be faster to trace it out
      I am just wondering is it possible to change the layer of the linked AutoCAD file (ie the colour so i can see what parts i have traced over)

Comment

Well, 3 months is kinda short... However: is the building all straight, no curves, no slightly non-parallel walls? Then tracing it would be good. Use the "Pick Line" tool to trace with a decent speed. Guess we'll be seeing a lot of you here, lol :laugh:
        You can change (or even not show) by layer. In the View, go to VG-Overrides (type VG as a shortcut), go to Import tab and click off the layer you don't want to see. Or alter appearance, whatever suits you.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment