view range issue !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

view range issue !

Hi, i do not know why i can not show the window cut in the plan i tried changing view range cut plane but it did not work.
    for example, i have window in the plan attached it is not cut in plan, the window sill height is 80 cm.
    and it is locating on ground level instead of ground level0 , i made another below level because there is stair make the ground level of building diffren from level of street.
    so window is locating on ground level with sill height 80 as in the second image.
    all i want is to show window cut in the floor plan ?
    Attached Files

I would start here: http://www.revitforum.org/tutorials-...3-reasons.html

Comment

At some point, you renamed views and/or levels incorrectly, and now all is messed up. In your first image, look at the left of the image: read the name of the view that is highlighted in the Project Browser. It says "Level Ground". (Which you think is the plan at +0.96). Now, look at the right side of the image, in the Properties of the view: read the name of the parameter named as "Associated Level" ; it says "Level Ground 0" (at 0.00). Even if you rename a view, this parameter will tell you the name of the level that the view is associated to.

That also explains why, in the same image, in the View Range settings, it says "Top = Level Above (Ground Level)". (at +0.96). That is another proof that your view is at 0.00 ; therefore, if the cut plane is at +1.20 above 0.00 you don't see any windows because their sills are at +1.76 (+0.80 above +0.96).
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Thanks alfredo, can i do something to fix the problem i caused ? (surviving)

Comment

i set the view range in this ground floor plan+0.96 i made the cut plane 2.00 instead of 1.200 and now windows showed up is that ok ? or it is going to affect other elements in the project ? especially i am closed to ceiling just 1 meter close to it.

Comment

This is a typical floor plan; I don't see any reason to alter the View Range from the default settings. You have changed all the 4 planes already, the Top, the Bottom, the View Depth, and now the Cut Plane. Check the View Range of a floor plan in a new project that starts with the metric template; those same settings, relative to the current level in this view, should work well here, too.
            Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

This could be helpful: http://www.revitforum.org/blog-feeds...loor-plan.html

Comment