Selecting Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting Cloud

hi, revit masters out there. is there an intellegent way of selecting a revision cloud by comment or by sequence number? what if i have so many clouds in my big project and i want to select only the cloud that has a comment "column missing"? is it possible? any help is highly appreciated. tnx man.

Setup a Revision schedule with the appropriate fields. Select the row you want to see, right click > Show. This should do the trick...
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

hi mdradvies, thank u so much for your reply... can u help me locate that revision schedule? i cannot see it in the dropdown in schedules/quantities.. tnx ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by r7_human8y View Post
        hi mdradvies, thank u so much for your reply... can u help me locate that revision schedule? i cannot see it in the dropdown in schedules/quantities.. tnx ahead.
        a revision schedule is set up in a titleblock family file. New/Family/Titleblocks and select a titleblock template to use. In the Family editor select the View tab and Revision schedule. Load the titleblock into your project then you can control the population of the revision information with Manage tab/Additional Settings/Sheet Issues Revisions.

good luck!
        I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Well, I was actually referring to something else...
          When you place your views with cloud on the sheet, you can create a Sheet List with some current Revision Data. But not the Comments, my bad...

I HATE it when they do that. How does this work? Is a Factory-meeting something like this:

Factory dude nr 1 (nr 1): Let's make Revision data visible in a Sheet List
          Factory dude nr 2 (nr 2): Great idea, what would our most valued and treasured clients want?
          nr 1: Schedule Revision Date, number, Issue-parameters. Anything else?
          nr 2: How about Comments?
          nr 1: But you don't want to schedule the REASON for revisioning...
          nr 2: Well, I would.
          nr 1: No you don't.
          nr 2: But...
          nr 1: Nope... Let's not put it in there
          nr 2: ok

LET'S AGREE TO MAKE EVERY FREAKING OOTB PARAMETER USEABLE IN ANY KIND OF SCHEDULE!!!

<rant off, and breathe.... breathe..... breathe..... back in your quite space now>

Yet another reason to start thinking about using your own kind off Revision thingies... There are some great threads about that here. Search for "Revit model review" or something similar.
          Last edited by mdradvies; November 14, 2011, 09:33 PM.
          Martijn de Riet
          MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
            <rant off, and breathe.... breathe..... breathe..... back in your quite space now>
            Martijn, you need to get more sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              Martijn, you need to get more sleep
              No I don't, I need 5 minutes alone with factory guy nr 1, who makes these complete arbitrary, random descisions on whether or not ootb parameters are available in Schedules. This has forced me to let go of ootb parameters all together. I cannot trust them to be useful. You never know if and which one is going to get you into big doo-doo later on...
              Martijn de Riet
              MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                No I don't, I need 5 minutes alone with factory guy nr 1, who makes these complete arbitrary, random descisions on whether or not ootb parameters are available in Schedules. This has forced me to let go of ootb parameters all together. I cannot trust them to be useful. You never know if and which one is going to get you into big doo-doo later on...
                I completely agree with you, however, I had a nap in the meantime

Comment