Autocad "Hide" ability in Revit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autocad "Hide" ability in Revit?

So, in CAD, I can type in "hide" and get a wireframe view with hidden lines. I can't seem to accomplish this goal in Revit. I know about the "Show Hidden Lines" feature, but that only seems to work with two or more objects. I simply want to show the hidden lines in a single element. Is this possible?

See attached pics for an idea of what I want ... I'm no Picasso (or maybe I am?)
    Attached Files

Right click the object, select "Override Graphics in View" > "By Element" and check "Transparent" (or maybe "Ghost Surface"....?)

Edit: Missed the part with dashed lines... That I don't believe is possible.
    Munkholm
    Administrator
    Last edited by Munkholm; November 9, 2011, 07:49 PM. Reason: Edit:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Hmm .. well transparent gives me the ability to draw hidden model lines on the surface, but for some reason, it doesn't do anything else (I expected it to at least look wireframe) .. I have no idea what Ghost Surface is... I'm in RAC2011. Is that a 12 feature?

Overriding with transparent will get me where I need to go, even though it's a bit more work. Thanks!

Comment

You could use the linework tool:
        Wireframe mode
        linework the lines, pull the end to match the extent you require for the dashed line
        go back to hiddenline mode

Of coarse, if you spin the model that method will look very odd (Note that in 2012 you can "lock" your 3d view
        Hiddenlines.PNG
        Alex Page
        RevitWorks Ltd
        Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Page View Post
          Wireframe mode
          linework the lines, pull the end to match the extent you require for the dashed line

Of coarse, if you spin the model that method will look very odd (Note that in 2012 you can "lock" your 3d view
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5102[/ATTACH]
          Wow! I didn't realize you could pull the lines back. That's a great trick Thanks Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Page View Post
            Wireframe mode

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5102[/ATTACH]
            well, checking this now, you will notice that even when spinning - edit: not always -, the overridden line "knows" where to hide, just awesome!

for 2011 users, no ghost, but transparency with a smooth hatch pattern override in grey works fine too.
            jbenoit44
            French Moderator
            Last edited by jbenoit44; November 9, 2011, 09:38 PM. Reason: more test change the result a bit
            Julien
            "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
            P. DAC
            Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment