2012 - Reference a floor plan callout on an elevation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 - Reference a floor plan callout on an elevation

I have created some floor plan callouts, I used these because I wanted to change the cut plane of the callout to a higher elevation. I would now like to reference them with a detail section on the elevation views to provide a better idea of where they are being cut. I can't seem to be able to reference plan view callouts on an elevation view though, floor plan views don't appear in the list.

I am thinking maybe I should have cut them on the elevation with a detail section to begin with.

Can anyone tell me if I should of done it on the elevation to begin with or am I completely missing something?? :crazy:

Thanks.
    Joshua Kohl

Eastern Exterior Wall Systems, Inc
    www.eews.com

My computer is in the middle of purging unused so I can't verify, but I recall that you are correct in your assumption: From an Elevation view, you can only reference Elevation/Section/Detail views and from Floor Plan views you can only reference Floor Plan/Detail views (and of course drafting views but who uses those?). I will verify and get back to you.
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Kohl View Post
      I have created some floor plan callouts, I used these because I wanted to change the cut plane of the callout to a higher elevation.
      If that is the reason for doing the callout, then I think you don't need a callout, but a plan region.

I would now like to reference them with a detail section on the elevation views to provide a better idea of where they are being cut. I can't seem to be able to reference plan view callouts on an elevation view though, floor plan views don't appear in the list...
      It is possible. When you start the callout tool in plan view, there are two types of callouts available in the Properties window: Detail and Floor plan. if you choose Detail, it creates a view that can be referenced by other views, such as other callouts, elevations, and sections.
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

I think he was wanting to change the cut plane of the callout after he had made the callout, but I believe the correct way to do this would be to actually create a new section in an Elevation/Section view as a Detail type at the correct cut height of the desired detail.

I just verified, you can not reference Elevation/Sections in a Floor plan and you can not reference Floor Plans in an Elevation/Section. Details are the common view type.
        .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

See attached example of what I was doing. A typical floor plan usually gets cut through the windows and also I wanted to show what was happening above the windows in a separate view. I could call it out on the plan and put a note next to the bubble that says "Above Window", I just thought it would be easier to find if it was called out on the elevation.

So I guess next time I will have to call it out on the elevation as a detail instead. Doing it that way I can change the "cut plane" by moving the section mark up or down to where I want it to be. Both ways (plan callout in floor plan view and detail callout in elevation view) have the similiar results except one can be referenced on an elevation and one can't. Now I know for next time.

Thanks Alfredo & Carl!!
          Joshua Kohl

Eastern Exterior Wall Systems, Inc
          www.eews.com

Comment