Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overriding multiple dimensions in one sitting

Hi.

I'm new to the forum, but I am pretty comfortable with Revit.

I was wondering if there is a way to add text to multiple dimensions at once.

For example, I have a running dimension with about 20 individual measurements.

Having to click each one to add "MOD" under the numbers would be a pain.

Can I create some sort of annotation label with MOD permanently imbedded in a dimension?

Any solution will do as long I don't have to spend 10 minutes clicking and copy/pasting lol.

Could you just put in another single dimension along the entire string and add a statement like "MOD all dimensions above" or something like that?

Honestly, doing it 20 times shouldn't take but half a minute with copy and paste. :laugh:
    Dan

Comment

The reason I can't do anything simple like that is because I'm dealing with curtain walls. MOD stands for module which represents each frame.

Worst case scenario I will do copy paste, or make a text box with MOD and copy/paste, but I would rather avoid it if possible, because it is something I would use regularly.

Comment

I wonder if you could create a line based family. Nest the "MOD" text in it, and array it. You'd have to array it in a way that allows you to pick two points and center the text somehow.

Either that, or just create a line based family with MOD once, and copy them from section to section. All this would happen separate of your dimension string.
        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by viral_mind View Post
          The reason I can't do anything simple like that is because I'm dealing with curtain walls. MOD stands for module which represents each frame.

Worst case scenario I will do copy paste, or make a text box with MOD and copy/paste, but I would rather avoid it if possible, because it is something I would use regularly.
          I feel your pain! I'm also a curtain wall detailer and type RO, MD, FD, and DLO thousands of times on each project. I understand why dimensions have to be "per instance" but why can't we have configurable multiple prefixes and suffixes? Argggh :crazy:
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

try this ,simply select all elements in the floor plan then in modify tab there is filter press it and check none except dimension, the programme will now understand multiple dimension selected it gives you to edit type once per all.
            But to be frankly with you i did not try this in your case , i tried filter on other things and it saving me a lot of time,

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_hassan View Post
              try this ,simply select all elements in the floor plan then in modify tab there is filter press it and check none except dimension, the programme will now understand multiple dimension selected it gives you to edit type once per all.
              But to be frankly with you i did not try this in your case , i tried filter on other things and it saving me a lot of time,
              doesn't get you even close to modifying dimension suffixes or prefixes...
              I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Only workaround I have is when you have equal dimensions: duplicate the dimension string, set up a type with white / no dimension lines and reset the EQ-text to MOD. Now move it to sit above or below your "normal" text string.
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment