Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

text size in sheets

Hi everyone,
    when i am changing the view scale the annotation's scale(texts,tags ) are not changing.Give me solution for this.
    Attached Files

Annotations have no scale associated to them. If you were to print an annotation at 1/4" scale or at 1:20 scale they would be the exact same size on the paper if you print them both at 100%.

If you need to have a tag/annotation that is smaller you will need to create a smaller tag for these particular cases.

Comment

thank you for your response.
      kindly explain in some other way. i am not getting it exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by anjali View Post
        thank you for your response.
        kindly explain in some other way. i am not getting it exactly.
        The "text size" type parameter of the text family is the size the text will be PRINTED. This size is absolute and independant of view scale. So if you place an annotation on your drawing that uses a family with a 1/4" text size parameter set it will ALWAYS be printed at 1/4".

If you cange the scale of a view and the text is "huge" you will need to make a new family with a smaller "text size" parameter and swap out the families in that particular view.
        Jeff Hanson
        Sr. Subject Matter Expert
        Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

If you look at an annotation such as a Grid head or tag. Place a view with a grid showing at 1/4" scale, and another view with a grid showing at 1:1 scale. The size the Grid head is will be exactly the same (actual size, not scaled size) for both the 1/4" and the 1:1 scale.

However, most other components are affected by scale. So when just looking at them side by side, the 1:1 scale item will print much larger, the 1/4" scale will print much smaller.

So if you take your view that you have above that is at 1:500 and duplicate it with detailing and make the duplicate have a different scale. Place them both on a sheet together, your tags will be the exact same size.

If you need a tag or any other annotation at a particular scale, you will have to create a new smaller annotation.

Comment

Originally posted by anjali
            when i am changing the view scale the annotation's scale(texts,tags ) are not changing.Give me solution for this.
            In that image, Revit is showing the tags and elevation references exactly as they should be at that scale. It is you who are not choosing the proper scale to show an architectural floor plan. Scales have a certain usage. 1:500 is for site plans, not for a regular floor plan with window tags and door tags. You might be confusing the usage of 1:500 with 1:50, which is the most common scale for metric architectural floor plans. Change it to 1:50 and everything will be all right.
            Alfredo Medina
            Forum Co-Founder
            Last edited by Alfredo Medina; November 16, 2011, 01:25 PM.
            Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

HI,

Is there any standard text size for a particular scale. If so can you guys guide me through it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by theshell07 View Post
                HI,

Is there any standard text size for a particular scale. If so can you guys guide me through it.

Thanks
                in Imperial terms: 1/4" text will print 1/4" high no matter the view scale. 1/8" text will print 1/8" high no matter the view scale. Sometimes it's difficult for detailers to get over what it looks like on the monitor in front of your face and understand what it WILL look like on printed output. Two completely different things.
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

To elaborate some more: you should setup your textstyles on usage, not scale. For instance:

Normal text / dimension = 1.8mm
                  Headers / important notes = 2.5mm
                  Subnotes / subdimensions = 1.3mm
                  View titles = 5mm

Do it like this and all drawings at all scales will print with same text heights. When all your dimensions / notes don't fit the drawing, go to a smaller scale. A 1:50 scale is bigger on sheet and thus the dimensions / texts relatively smaller.
                  Martijn de Riet
                  Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                  MdR Advies
                  Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment