Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hatch issues

hi all,

i created a wall sweep for tile wainscoting in the toilet room of the project i'm working on. along the walls i've placed some face-based families who's lines become messy and sometimes obsolete when i apply the wall sweep. i can't seem to solve the problem by re-associating the families to the face of the tile, or by applying lines within the families.
    has anyone else run into this problem? anyone fix it? attached is an image showing the general issue.

thanks for your help in advance,
    tweg
    Attached Files

Are you using a masking region for the linework in the family? That should solve the issue.
    Dan

Comment

i tried using a masking region, but it didn't work. hatch still shows up behind the family. so annoying!

Comment

Can you post the family so we can take a look?
        Dan

Comment

sure, i will post one of the families that is acting up. the family is from autodesk seek, through bobrick corporation.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thats the problem. The family is crap.

All of the modeled geometry is set to be off in all of the views other than 3D, which is especially funny because they modeled the toilet tissue inside the device, expecting it to only show up through that little sliver of peek hole thats in the cover panel of the device, only in 3D view, since it cant be seen anywhere else. Yes, it CAN be made to work with masking regions and proper workplane settings in each orthagonal view, but its a WASTE. Go in all 6 views, delete all symbolic lines. Highlight all geometry, go to visibility settings. Turn on in all views, at all LOD except maybe Coarse (id still keep it on there too).

Then, tell everyone in your company not to grab content off of there, because its all junk. Buyer beware.
            Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
            @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

FWIW, it's Bobrick content like that from Seek that destroyed one of our project files in RAC 2011. The latest update to 2012 seems to have fixed it.

As Aaron says, you usually get what you pay for...

Comment