Base Extension and Wall Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base Extension and Wall Cleanup

Can someone explain why, when I add a base extension to any 2 adjacent walls, the cleanups get screwed up?

In the attached screen shot, the walls on the left each have a 1.5" base extension. The layers that are unlocked are the 2 outer layers. The walls on the right have it set to 0. If I set just one wall with a base extension, it still cleans up correctly. It's only when both are set with the base extension.

I created this wall from another wall type. That one doesn't have this problem.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dzatto; November 3, 2011, 03:33 PM.
    Dan

Never mind. Wall join tool fixed it. I'd still like to know why it does that. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Dan

Comment

Yah, wish that all walls would Miter by default... Most of the time, I end up spending the time it takes to make all walls Miter, due to issues like this, and other odd graphics behavior. :banghead:
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

This is an old post I know, sorry for the resurrection, but are people still manually mitering corners today (Revit 2016) to get around this display issue? I'm considering separating my veneer from my structure walls so that the veneer can go down independently - It's just all the extra clicks involved in the workaround that are annoying. It seems that any walls that use either Base or Top Extension to where the wall extends below or above the view range of the plan, causes this issue. I've tried playing around with View Range adjustments, but can't seem to resolve
        Thanks, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post
          This is an old post I know, sorry for the resurrection, but are people still manually mitering corners today (Revit 2016) to get around this display issue? ... I've tried playing around with View Range adjustments, but can't seem to resolve
          Thanks, Dave
          I've always been annoyed by this issue, but haven't delved into it for some reason, until tonight. I just, for the first time, tried a workaround. I set the bottom and view depth of the view range to be at the level of the view and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by cpm2012 View Post
            I've always been annoyed by this issue, but haven't delved into it for some reason, until tonight. I just, for the first time, tried a workaround. I set the bottom and view depth of the view range to be at the level of the view and it worked.
            Which is no good if you have things below your view's floor level that you need to see in the plan view.

This issue has been around probably since the beginning of Revit. I know we were dealing with it in 2005, probably on version 7 or 7.1.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
              Which is no good if you have things below your view's floor level that you need to see in the plan view.

This issue has been around probably since the beginning of Revit. I know we were dealing with it in 2005, probably on version 7 or 7.1.
              Right?!:banghead:

Why haven't they seen fit to fix it?!

Comment

Probably for the same reason that multiple sets of sheets printed out of Revit STILL will not collate. Collate has never worked, ever, and they pretty much don't even care about fixing it. Sure there's other ways to do it, print to PDF, whatever. But if it won't work, just take the dang option off the print dialog.

Comment

Fwiw: collate DID used to work, with the Pinebush Revit PDF writer, back in 06 or 07. Since 2009 I've always gone to PDF first, so I didn't realize it didn't work anymore. But once upon a Time it worked like a champ!

Sent from my Phablet. Please excuse typos... and bad ideas.

Aaron Maller
                  Director
                  Parallax Team, Inc.
                  Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                  @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment