Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grid visibility

Hi guys,
    So I've got grids in the telecom model that are on a unique workset other than the shared levels and grids workset (the colo grids) and I want to show them on only one drawing in my arch set. The problem is that if I load the telecom model with that workset open, I see them everywhere and it would take time to modify each view they show up in not to mention they could show up in newer, later views as well. But I can't get them to show up in ONLY the one view I want them to show up in. Is there some trick to get a closed workset to show up in only one view?

tia

You can globally control the display of Grids ( and all other elements/categories ) using VG > Revit Links> Custom settings. Turn off Grids, for example.
    Create a View Template which turns off the Grids in Linked Models, and apply it to your view(s). Likewise, leave them on, create a View Template, apply to view(s), etc. It's not necessarily a Workset issue--it's more of a VG Custom control of Linked Models. You CAN control Worksets in Linked models as well, but it's not good practice to use worksets for control of visibility.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment