Paint tool om Model In-Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint tool om Model In-Place

First of all I want to say that I'm not a fan of In-Place Families. But anyway, somtimes they are nessesary. I have made an In_Place Ceiling family. It's model in elevation as a curve and assigned a Ceiling finish 600x600mm plasterpanels. In my Ceiling Schedule I have included the Area Field, but it seems to calculate the profile area of my solid (Small area), so I cant get the needed projected area of the ceiling. So I then think that I can Paint the material on the face of the ceiling. But thats not possible on an In Place Family. Any one seen that before?

In the Material Take of it calculates the same area as the Ceiling Schedule. Inside the In-Place model I try to pant the materail on the surface, and that works fine, but in the Material Take Of the result way of and it does not show as Paint in the Schedule.

My second try was to model an In-Place Ceiling in plan as an extrution an do a cut in elevation to get the curves. In the material Take Of i get the right Area But the Material Area is again Way of.

Any Comments
    Attached Files
    - Peter -
    www.revitogbim.blogspot.com

Peter, I'm not sure that I get the question?? When I open the attached file, it seems that the in-place ceilings have already been painted?... What am I missing here?
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Thats right but I have to be in Editmode of the In-Place family to Paint it. And when its painted it does not show up as painted in the Material Take Off. Can you paint a surface on an In-place model outside Editmode?
      - Peter -
      www.revitogbim.blogspot.com

Comment

Nope, you're right. Have to be in edit mode to paint the in-place, and the areas are not scheduling as I would have expected... Yet another bug to report?
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Can you use a family parameter to assign it a Material, instead of painting it?
          Cliff B. Collins
          Registered Architect
          The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
          Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment