Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can someone fill me in about core boundaries and joins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone fill me in about core boundaries and joins?

here I have a section through an overhead canopy and the way I modeled it was by making an outside wall then joining it with two floors at the top and bottom. Now I just need to clean up the joins so that the only thing that wraps is the rigid insulation and the board to the right of it. Everything else needs to be extended to the ends. I placed the rigid insulation within the core boundaries but it still comes through to the other side as shown. what am I missing?

thanks

attatched image
    Attached Files
    Munkholm
    Administrator
    Last edited by Munkholm; October 31, 2011, 10:41 PM. Reason: Fixed inline attachments

ok I almost got it...I unlocked some of the wall layers and moved things around but wrap the insulation at the bottom and run the top board across to the wood finish

attatched image
    Attached Files
    Munkholm
    Administrator
    Last edited by Munkholm; October 31, 2011, 10:42 PM. Reason: Fixed inline attachments

Comment

Try editing the ceiling/floor sketch so the "purple sketch line" aligns with the core boundary, etc. You may need to experiment with the location line of the wall as well.

Make sure the insulation layer in the wall and floor/ceiling is the exact same material as well, otherwise it may not clean up properly.
      Cliff B. Collins
      Registered Architect
      The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
      Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Look at the layers from the different elements. Go to Edit > Edit Structure (top grey button in type properties). Here are the basic rules:

1. When a layer needs to be cut it has to have a lower value then the cutting layer. So a Structure [1] will cut through a Substrate[2]. When you want them to join, they'll need to be in the same layer.
        2. Layers within the Core Boundary always cut through layers outside the Core Boundary.

I'd advice you to play with this settings instead of unlocking layers. That always leaves me with a mess...
        If you don't get it to work properly, you could upload the file for us to take a look...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment