Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2012_sloped beam end cut

Hi all,
    dead new to beam systems this past week, am wondering if anyone can advise the following:
    I have checked Revit 2012 Help / online / knowledge base, Revit Structure forum here, the General Forum here, and done some testing at home before posting this.
    I have several beam systems, that have now been converted to individual beams for using as sloped beams / rafters.
    I want to have various end conditions but mostly want the rafter, to have a plumb cut.
    It seems that Revit cannot generate the end condition I am seeking.
    Can anyone advise if sloped beams are able to generate plumb cuts in the manner I generally need for roofs of many types - mono pitch, multi pitch, couple close and the like. ?

I have as a backdrop, a desire not to have to resort to creating in place voids to achieve this, probably am prepared to have to create a beam family with a void and angle parameter but am hoping I am missing something in Help, or the articles around. Have not searched the web extensively yet but assumed this is a simple, and thoroughly expected condition for a sloped beam. The coping tool is very limited in its functionality and is of no use for this need. I cannot see anything in Properties of the beam or in the BS tool to handle what I want.
    Any feedback appreciated
    regards
    trombe
    Attached Files

Hi Trombe,

AFAIK there is not automatic way within revit itself to have plumb cuts apply to beams or beam systems.

You can create a reference plane to the inside face of your horizontal timber member, model the beam/s longer than required and them trim them to the reference plane using the cut tool.

Other than that, Tools4Revit make a coping tool which resolves this sort of problem. Tools4Revit | Sort&Cope

Cheers,
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

Thanks Ian.
      the Rafter+ tool look promising since a long while back and the improvements for purlins / battens also look promising - shows that the plumb and seat cuts can be programmed easy enough by a 3rd party eh ?........ anyway I inquired about pricing and in meantime, will just go back to our old well trodden pathway from years past.
      best to you and yours mate - long time no sp
      trombe

Comment

Thanks Mate,

I have been hanging out here since the kerfuffle.

I bought a suite of their tools a while back (review can be found http://www.revitforum.org/third-part...it-review.html) The rafter+ tool is particularly sweet.

Good to catch up again

Cheers,
        Last edited by Ian.Kidston; October 30, 2011, 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
        Ian Kidston
        http://allextensions.com.au

Comment