How to move furnitures up in Z axis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to move furnitures up in Z axis?

Hi, when i place in revit families - the auditorium chairs, i cant seem to change its height. I cant move it up in the Z axis. Is there a way to move it up? Thanks in advance!

They are probably floor based and need to be on a floor. You can change it so it is not floor based, but can't remember where from the top of my head, and I don't have a computer handy right now.

Send using Tapatalk
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

normally you can change a family offset from the level

cn you do a screen grab of the fmily properties and what properties are avaiable if you click edit?

if there are not parameters in there then it might be worth editing the family to pop in a reference plane that you can control with a height parmater.

Comment

hi, you can change a family offset from the level, and autmatically change di up in Z axis!
        a r c h i t e t t o d a v i d e f a c c h e t t i
        S t u d i o T e c n i c o F a c c h e t t i
        a r c h i t e c t B I M m a n a g e m e n t

http://www.studiofacchetti.com/

Comment

Hi, may i know how to change the family offset? i cant seem to find it in the family properties. Thanks
          Untitled.jpg

Comment

not in the family in the project - show the propertie in the roject and there is often an elevation property

Comment

Originally posted by melcas View Post
              Hi, may i know how to change the family offset? i cant seem to find it in the family properties. Thanks
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]4918[/ATTACH]

Untitled-1.jpg ...all sorts of things can happen at halloween :wine:
              Last edited by elton williams; October 31, 2011, 01:47 PM.
              There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Some parameters don't reveal themselves until they are placed in the project....
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Open the furniture family, and make sure "workplane based" is either checked or unchecked, depending on whether or not you need the family to be "hosted" by a workplane ( such as a Level, which is most common. ) In the auditorium example, the tiered floors can sometimes be modeled using offsets from a particular Level,
                  which may cause the furniture families to seem as if they cannot be "moved" up/down in the "Z" direction.

hope this helps
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by cliff collins; October 31, 2011, 04:42 PM.
                  Cliff B. Collins
                  Registered Architect
                  The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
                  Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment