Section Head Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section Head Color

Hello all, I would like to know if it is possible to change the color of 'linked' objects like sections heads and callout bubbles to be black, instead of blue.

I know that this can be defined within the print settings. What I would like to know is if it is possible to change it in the model as well.

Thank you for your help,
    Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

When you say " 'linked' objects like sections heads and callout bubbles" are you referring to annotation elements created in an external project that has been linked into the current project? or are you referring to reference symbols in general?
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Reference symbols - objects that you can double click that will send you to a referred view.
      Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

Comment

I don't think so. The blue color is more an indicator than an actual color. The color used for printing, if the printer is set to colors, is whatever color is in Visibility/Graphics > Object Styles > Annotation Objects. That is the actual color of the annotation. The blue indicates that there is a view associated with the annotation. Especially in the case of levels. If the level 'looks' blue there is a view associated with it; otherwise it looks black, but in V/G the color of the element remains black and prints black.
        Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

OK, thanks for the info. When I need to, I will control their display through the checkbox in the print settings.
          Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
            I don't think so. The blue color is more an indicator than an actual color. The color used for printing, if the printer is set to colors, is whatever color is in Visibility/Graphics > Object Styles > Annotation Objects. That is the actual color of the annotation. The blue indicates that there is a view associated with the annotation. Especially in the case of levels. If the level 'looks' blue there is a view associated with it; otherwise it looks black, but in V/G the color of the element remains black and prints black.
            And where do you find this in the V/G? As far as I know this can only be controlled by changing the actual color in the section/callout head family. As for the lines: they will remain blue at all times.
            Would love to know how you change these settings, I haven't got these working which bothers me because we print almost everything in colour.
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Double posting... site´s a bit slow. Would you guys please stop yelling at David at the same time? Take turns or something, you're clogging up the bandwith
              Last edited by mdradvies; January 20, 2011, 10:55 PM.
              Martijn de Riet
              MdR Advies

Comment

mdradvies- just to make sure you know, there is a check box in the print settings, "View Links in Blue" if you uncheck this, you can print documents in color and the reference annotations will print black.
                Sarah Foulkes

Not a Revit Robot

Comment

Originally posted by safoulkes View Post
                  mdradvies- just to make sure you know, there is a check box in the print settings, "View Links in Blue" if you uncheck this, you can print documents in color and the reference annotations will print black.
                  That would be my lesson learned for today, thanks! Must have printed out tens of thousands of pages over the years and never noticed this! (in my defense: I really don't get why this is located here and not with ALL the other visibility stuff, but hey, I'm not complaining!)
                  Rep4u!
                  Martijn de Riet
                  MdR Advies

Comment

The fact that the print settings specifically state "View Links in Blue" make me think this color has to be hardcoded in Revit.. Unless there is a hidden system file that can be changed, but it seems unlikely considering the specific reference in the print settings..
                    Revit BLOGGAGE

http://www.revic.org.au

Comment