Scaling up walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling up walls

i have a building that all of the walls are pretty much in-place masses. The square footage right now is at 3000 and i need it about 10,000, is there anyway to scale up the whole building since i massed everything? thanks

No, there´s no easy way to do that... You should have made a conceptual mass, loaded it to the project, and applied the walls on the mass surface... Then you could just have scaled the mass, and updated the walls with a few clicks...

Welcome to the forum BTW! :beer:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

You might try:

Highlight the in-place Mass, then select Edit-in Place.
      Highlight the Mass, and then choose edit extrusion ( or whatever you used to create the Mass)
      Once in "sketch mode", select the Model or Reference Lines for the sketch, and then scale them up.
      Finish sketch, finish family. Done.
      Cliff B. Collins
      Registered Architect
      The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
      Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Good point Cliff. But the way I read it, the entire building is made up with a lot of in-place walls, which would make that process rather painfull

Adesk! Could you please remove the In-place function in 2013? Or even better, replace it with a tilted wall tool?
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

And after getting rid in-place families, allow for in-place editing of families.

I have never understood why they created a 'separate' in-place family type in the first place. And then make it so you can't extract the in-place families into a separate family, or vice versa.

Comment