2D represenation of arched opening does not show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D represenation of arched opening does not show

Hi everyone in this nice forum ,i have like top arched opening in the entrance i want to give the 2d represenation of opening arch in the second level.
    so i made generic wall with edit profile to give me shape i want but here is my problem the wall is gone in 2d so any idea on how to treat this problem.
    (image maybe more clear for my problem:blah
    Attached Files

The remaining portion of the wall is above your cut plane. Either adjust your cut plane (not a good idea but fast) or:
    Set the view properties to underlay the third floor, use the Linework tool to show the wall as needed, turn the underlay off again.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

well the default cut plane :1.20 meter i changed it to 2.3 so it start to show the wall with empty space in the middle at the 2.7 meter it becomes one solid wall, about underlay :i set it to be third level but nothing shown so i used method of cut plane
      but i still need to make the empty space in the middle is a hidden line style to give it represenation as this is a arch opening.

Comment

Add the hidden line to your opening family. I typically put in an interior and exterior line that has an instance visibilty parameter so I can show one or the other or both. See attached.overhead.png
        Scott D. Brown, AIA | Senior Project Manager | Beck Group

Comment

but this is not family !!!, this is wall that cut through editing profile.

Comment

When you set the underlay and use the linework tool it should recognise the individual parts of the sketch. Tab through the wall a few times. Then apply linework and remove the underlay. The linework will stay visible.
            Martijn de Riet
            MdR Advies

Comment

thanks Martijn i made as you said but the problem i want the lineweight of picked lines to be the same as wall , how i can do this quickly ? also give it sense that are joined together (fillet in corners also can this happen ?
              Second question :the lines is showing in 3d can i hide it in 3d and showing it in 2d ?
              Attached Files
              ahmed_hassan
              Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 28, 2011, 11:04 AM.

Comment

You should create a new linetype that has the same thickness as the walls (look them up in the Object Style) and use this as the applied line with the Linework tool.
                And about the Lines in 3D: you didn't use the Linework tool, you sketched it with Model Lines (linework is view specific, model lines aren't).
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

Martijn, i understood your suggestion and i worked it in other projects , it was useful i tried know to apply what you said but the problem that underlay is not showing the lines of opening of wall profile
                  Attached Files

Comment

I would eithe ruse the linetype on the underlay with the 'overhead' linetype selected, or draw it in with the annotation tool set to hidden.

Easy to create a linetype in your manage section and set to the wall linetype thickness - but use annotation not model lines.

I think the overhead with underlay is the more BIM of the two methods.

Comment