Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tile view arrangment (multi view arrangment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tile view arrangment (multi view arrangment)

Hi i need to make 3d in one of window i have instead of other window, when i ma trying this it does not go to the right place i want
    so how i can control which view go to there ?
    (i attached image for what i want to do )
    thanks for your help
    Attached Files

what you can do is select each drawing and type WT till you get the configuration you want. I'm sure there is an explanation to the behavior but I just use this method when I need a specific widow somewhere
    Hope this helps
    Juan Carlos Moreno
    Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
    Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Whichever View you have active when you run the WT command will end up in the upper left corner.
      After that it's kind of random where the other windows go. I think it has something to do with the most recently used closest to the upper left, but I haven't really spent the time to figure it out that far.
      Last edited by DaveP; October 26, 2011, 04:43 PM.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Move them over to approximately the place you want them (3d to the left, plan view to the bottom right) and hit WT again...
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

it isn't random. with 4 windows for example, the most recently activated window is in the top left, the second most recent below that in the bottom left, 3rd in the top right, 4th in the bottom right. depending how many windows you have open when you use WT it will continue to stagger in this pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by joshr View Post
            it isn't random. with 4 windows for example, the most recently activated window is in the top left, the second most recent below that in the bottom left, 3rd in the top right, 4th in the bottom right. depending how many windows you have open when you use WT it will continue to stagger in this pattern.
            Tried it, and he's completely right...
            So the solution to the OP is:
            after doing a WT command, activate the views in this order Elevation - Floor Plan - 3D (and by activating I mean single click on the window frame or inside the drawing field)
            then hit WT again and you're done...

btw: welcome to the forum, and have some REP and a PotM nomination for this great trick!
            Martijn de Riet
            MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              btw: welcome to the forum, and have some REP and a PotM nomination for this great trick!
              thanks!

I think you have the order backwards for window activation. the larger window on the right in OP's image is the 3rd most recently activated window, so activate the view you want there first (in OP's case the 3D view). then activate the floor plan, then activate the elevation, then hit WT.
              Last edited by joshr; October 25, 2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joshr View Post
                thanks!

I think you have the order backwards for window activation. the larger window on the right in OP's image is the 3rd most recently activated window, so activate the view you want there first (in OP's case the 3D view). then activate the floor plan, then activate the elevation, then hit WT.
                Right, sorry... Need more :coffee:. I am still posting this in the Tips and Tricks section though (if you don't mind)
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

nope not at all! glad I could help.

Comment