Column and Beam Issue. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Column and Beam Issue. Is it possible?

hi, i have a question to the revit masters out there. is it possible that the beam or column would automatically cut the wall or slab if detects an intersection or clashes of both models? what i mean is, for example, the top of the beam is of the same level with the top of the slab. i want that the slab protion intersecting the beam will be automatically cut so that i can generate a correct volume of the slab. rather than the beam will cut itself. is there a way to do that? tnx a lot masters.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

You can do this in Revit 2012, with the new feature "Cut with Voids When Loaded"
    1. Open the column in the family editor.
    2. Create a Void which embeds the entire column. (Use "uncut geometry" if the Void makes the Column disapear)
    3. Check the "Cut with Voids When Loaded" parameter.
    4. Load back into the project.
    5. Use the "Modify > Cut" tool, and select the Slab, and then the Column.
    Attached Files
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

hi munkholm, tnx for the response. i really appreciate it a lot.. i will try this method you gave me.. i know it will work..tnx again.

Comment

hi munkholm, i used the method you gave me in beams to cut my slab. why is that, when i do cut geometry, some of the beam with voids will appear in my 3d views eventhough im not selecting them as my cut geometry. pls see attached image. thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Probably, what you see is the void in the slab (which looks like the beam).
          Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment

actually, it is the column and beam void.. and when i look at it in the 3d view it will show. what is the possible trick to hide the void? but i want also the void to use but will not appear in my 3d view or any plan views.
            Attached Files

Comment