Sweep profile in wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweep profile in wall

Can i some how change the length of sweep path when i add it to the wall as a profile?
    How can i make it? or... would you use another revit workflow like face based sweeps?

1 picutre - mounted elements
    2nd - sweep is too long
    Attached Files

Is this a wall sweep, or is it actually built into the wall style?
    If it's built into the wall style and you have the same walls, with the same sweep, they should miter automatically.
    If it's a wall sweep, then you can select it and pull the edge back using the blue grips (dots).
    Dan

Comment

You should be able to select the sweep in 3D and use the blue dots to change the length (you can even align it's face to other 3D elements).
      Also check this post.
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Actually, even if it is a wall sweep (not built into the wall style) and it's the same sweep profile, it should miter automatically. Just FYI.

I'm not sure why you have 2 sweeps and that issue. Seems like it should miter for you.
        Dan

Comment

Yeah but in my way, the load bearing profile, has only vertical wall, non bearing walls has no profiles so it cant mitter and it goes like in pic 2.
          Anyway Allign tool worked perfectly , learned from mdradvies post about it, first3 pictures gave me bingo

Comment

Ahh, okay. It looked like you had a sweep on both walls. Yep, align it in 3D like Martijn said. He's correct about 99.9% of the time. :thumbsup:
            Dan

Comment

Yeah you were right, both has sweeps, but other has another sweep-horizontal loads with different measurements.
              Started project week ago, gonna have questions about revit. only now i started working on RAC2012, and some pocket joints for inspiration working on long nights with coffee.

Comment