Sweep frame window on curvy path ?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweep frame window on curvy path ?!!

Hi it just weird, i can not setup work plane on curvy path so i can not do sweep frame on it .
    see my attached image and what i am intend to do please somebody help on this
    Attached Files

curved work planes not possible afaik...use 3D 'pick lines' around the window perimeter to select your path, then add your profile.
    to add block work like in your previous posts you could array single blocks around the same radii as the hosting wall &/or create some temporary geometry to create a suitably angled workplane for the vertical placements. :wine:

edit, maybe i'm getting a bit carried away :wine: but after a bit of mucking around, wall and faced based blocks work well.
    elton williams
    Forum Addict
    Last edited by elton williams; October 23, 2011, 11:14 AM.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

i can not do it ,i setup a lot of axillary planes but confused and bored , i do not know how i can do it ?

Comment

what outcome are you trying to achieve? single swept profile (see pics) or something else?

Capture.JPG
        elton williams
        Forum Addict
        Last edited by elton williams; October 23, 2011, 02:49 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

i want to add frame of wood outside window on curvy path
          Attached Files

Comment

ok, simplest way is an in-place sweep around opening perimeter edge by using 'pick lines' method as I described above (make sure you TAB to select curved wall opening), then add or draw your profile ( to draw, right click on viewcube>orient to plane...) there is no need to set working plane. also apply your material before finishing sweep.
            elton williams
            Forum Addict
            Last edited by elton williams; October 23, 2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

In general, as elton said, just that on a curved surface if you also want to cut from the surface(like for a exterior stone) revit seems to heve some problems if you have a sweep path with more than one line, so make one sweep per segment like in this movie. On flat surfaces is working with all segments in one sweep.
              2011-10-23_1747 - gaby424's library
              at least that`s how it works here.

p.s. you can also make wall based family with sweeps inside it that have wall radius,opening arc legth(aka window width), and opening height as parameters.
              gaby424
              Last edited by gaby424; October 23, 2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Can i join the three edges sweep i made with one edge made separately ?
                i mean to look like closed together( have like chamfer edge)
                Attached Files

Comment

if the profiles are the same i would model it as a single sweep, if the profiles are different sizes you could use 45° void cuts at each end of each sweep.

Comment

If the profiles are the same, and all offset values are the same, and the material is the same, they should mitter automatically. If one is different, go with Elton's advice...
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment