Reference Planes invisible in Family Editor for Detail Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference Planes invisible in Family Editor for Detail Items

Folks, it has been a while. This one has me really stumped and my goggle-fu is failing.

Before you say, "turn on visibility" that isn't the problem here.

I've run across at least 4 families with this behavior so far. All detail items.
    Open the family, change VG to show Annotations->Reference planes & dimensions... nothing.
    Create a new reference plane, no problem... works as expected.
    Use various tools to find all the reference planes... yep they are there.
    Looking through the DB with Snoop/Lookup. Here's where I think the problem is:
    boundingBox.png
    Left is the missing reference plane, right is the newly created one. BoundingBox property is <null> for mia reference planes.

I'm looking for our oldest versions of our library to see when this disappeared. I think it might be an overly aggressive plugin/batch/library tool but until I can learn more I won't know for sure. It seems to be repeatable on multiple computers, multiple versions (2017 & 2019), and there are a few files in this condition. I can provide one or two if interested.

I would submit a ticket to Autodesk but... well I'm hoping to get an actual answer.

Thanks,
    Tom Whitehead
    BIM Herder & Revit Wrangler
    Portland, OR

Have a sample file of this?

John Pierson
    Creator of Rhythm, Monocle, Bang! and Lots of Other Okay Stuff.
    Twitter - @60secondrevit | Email - [email protected] | Blog - sixtysecondrevit.com | Work - parallaxteam.com

Comment

How about 2?
      Attached Files
      Tom Whitehead
      Portland, OR

Comment

20210513-unhideRefPlanes.gif

something hid those puppies.

Here is the graph to give a try https://parallaxteam.sharefile.com/d...27881ec26fd2f9
        Last edited by johnp; October 12, 2021, 01:58 PM.

John Pierson
        Twitter - @60secondrevit | Email - [email protected] | Blog - sixtysecondrevit.com | Work - parallaxteam.com

Comment

Cause someone on Autodesk forums insisted there wasn't any reference planes in the family, I had to record your solution in action. Autodesk Forums Post
          Tom Whitehead
          Portland, OR

Comment

OMG, I used a family preview manager that has done this to my 2022 families! johnp are you able to repost that graph?!

Comment

The link still works... I just checked it.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Hmm, the sharefile link is acting a little odd for me too actually. Here is a google drive link to try too JamieSchneider https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Lj...ew?usp=sharing

John Pierson

Comment

Thanks johnp and Twiceroadsfool.

Comment