Sheet title - Add other parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheet title - Add other parameters

Hy! Is there any chance that you can add other parameters (revision number for example) to the sheet title? Thank you!

Yes, but what is it you wanna do exactly?
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Are you talking about the Title of the Sheet? As in the stuff (typically) in the lower right corner of every Sheet?
      If so, just add parameters and Labels in the Titleblock family.
      If your talking about the View Title (the bubble and line under each Viewport), that's slightly more involved, but it's just editing the View Title family.
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
        Yes, but what is it you wanna do exactly?
        When I export to dwg, I want my dwg files to be named after my sheet title, and, to clarify, when I say sheet title, I am talking about how every sheet is named in the project browser. Now it is named after the sheet numer and the sheet name but I want more info to be added automatically to the sheet title, for example the revision name, or a code that represents the floor number (depends on how the client wants the files to be named).
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
          Are you talking about the Title of the Sheet? As in the stuff (typically) in the lower right corner of every Sheet?
          If so, just add parameters and Labels in the Titleblock family.
          If your talking about the View Title (the bubble and line under each Viewport), that's slightly more involved, but it's just editing the View Title family.
          Thank you for your reply, Dave! To clarify, I am talking about the sheet title (the text that appears in the project browser for every sheet). Now, the sheet title is automatically named combining the "sheet number" and the "sheet name", but I would want to add new parameters (that I have in the title block) so that when I export to dwg, the files are automatically named with all the information that I want (some clients ask for longer names that include codes for the floor level, revision number etc).

Comment

Originally posted by serbanov View Post
            When I export to dwg, I want my dwg files to be named after my sheet title, and, to clarify, when I say sheet title, I am talking about how every sheet is named in the project browser. Now it is named after the sheet numer and the sheet name but I want more info to be added automatically to the sheet title, for example the revision name, or a code that represents the floor number (depends on how the client wants the files to be named).
            Gotcha, for that I use Xrev Transmit to make my PDF's
            With that you can add all sorts of parameter data to your PDF output name. For example I have this:

d:\publish\<Project.Number> - <Project.Name> - <Project.Parameters.Project City>\<System.Date>\PDF\<Project.Name>-<Project.Parameters.Project City>_<SheetNo> - <Sheet.Name>_[<Sheet.Rev>].pdf

So that places it in a specific folder on my computer and adds the project name and revision number to the PDF name.

With the new PDF export in Revit 2022 you can do something similar, but have not really tried it, but it appears to work well, with still some quirks.
            Last edited by Robin Deurloo; May 6, 2021, 06:22 AM.
            Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
              Gotcha, for that I use Xrev Transmit to make my PDF's
              With that you can add all sorts of parameter data to your PDF output name. For example I have this:

d:\publish\<Project.Number> - <Project.Name> - <Project.Parameters.Project City>\<System.Date>\PDF\<Project.Name>-<Project.Parameters.Project City>_<SheetNo> - <Sheet.Name>_[<Sheet.Rev>].pdf

So that places it in a specific folder on my computer and adds the project name and revision number to the PDF name.

With the new PDF export in Revit 2022 you can do something similar, but have not really tried it, but it appears to work well, with still some quirks.
              Robin, thank you for your help. So, if I use an older version of Revit, I would have to use an Add On for exporting PDF. Will it also help with DWG export (regarding the names)?
              Also, as an answer for the original question regarding changing the Sheet Title, you cannot do that, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by serbanov View Post
                Robin, thank you for your help. So, if I use an older version of Revit, I would have to use an Add On for exporting PDF. Will it also help with DWG export (regarding the names)?
                Also, as an answer for the original question regarding changing the Sheet Title, you cannot do that, do you?
                Yep with that add-on you can also do the same for dwg names.

And nope changing Sheet Title in the way you want only works if you do that manually or with Dynamo. Thought you wanted to change the Sheet Titleblock :banghead:

Comment

Also have a look at DiRoots Prosheets for exporting dwgs and PDFs with correct naming- its free
                  https://diroots.com/revit-plugins/re...ith-prosheets/
                  Alex Page
                  RevitWorks Ltd
                  Check out our Door Factory, the door maker add-in for Revit

Comment