Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independent Scaling for objects on sheets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independent Scaling for objects on sheets?

I was wondering if theres a way to change the scale of a drawing placed on a sheet without effecting the scale of the original drawing. I don't need an enlarged plan or want to duplicate anything, I just need the same detail on a new sheet at a larger scale. thanks

You won't be able to have the same detail placed more than once. Revit won't allow you.

However, you can right-click on the view in your browser, choose "Duplicate" or "Duplicate with Detailing." When it creates the "Copy of ..." you can then set the scale of the new view to whatever you choose and place that new detail on a sheet.

Caution: if your detail is a live section or detail, the place where the detail originally was cut will now have TWO detail references. You'll need to go back and make sure you hide one, or adjust it so it doesn't overlap and become unreadable.
    Leanne Zaras, CDT, LEED AP
    AutoCAD 2010 Certified Professional / Revit Architecture 2012 Certified Professional / Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional
    ACAD2021, RST2014-2021 / Windows 10, 64-bit

Comment

Leanne is correct. You cannot place a drafting view or any "View" in your project more than once. Legends and Schedule are place able more than one because they are not a referenced Revit element. If you need your detail to show up more than once (not recommended by any means EVER) you can draw the detail in a legend view. The legend will not be referencable in your plans though.

Embrace the work flow of Revit and you will have great success with your projects. Duplicating views with detailing looks to be your best bet for what you are trying to achieve.
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

I guess theres reason behind why I cant

thanks guys

Comment