Shared Parameters text file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shared Parameters text file.

In our office we keep one shared parameter txt file as suggested for best practice. How can I modify shared parameters in a titleblock from an outside client such as an architect. I don't have their shared parameter txt file. If I ask for it how do I merge it with out Shared Parameter txt file.

You can Export their shared parameters to your shared parameter file. Edit their titleblock, choose a parameter and you should see an Export button appear in the Parameter Type frame. Revit will export the parameter to the Exported Parameters group by default.

Comment

Shared parameter text files do not need to be merged. Parameters can be loaded from multiple text files by browsing to their location.

It's also important to note, that once a shared parameter is added to a project, it can be copied to other projects using the "transfer project standards" tool. This might be the best way to add title block information from your outside client's model.
      Tony Perez @Twitter
      Senior Structural Designer
      Tesla Gigafactory - Austin

Comment

Is their a way to change the Parameter name before I export it? They are revision text parameters. It works up to "5th Rev". 6th Rev and 7th Rev doesn't work. Or do I have to recreate the text Parameters?

Comment

That's what I did, but the last 2 revision date "text" parameters don't work. So I wonder if there is a way to edit those parameters without recreating new labels?

Comment