X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary plan views

Hi everyone,

Can I create a temporary work plan?
    What I want is to work on a plane that is between 2 levels. For example I need to place a wall starting at level +5.94. I can do that by adding another level, create the wall and then delete the plan.
    Is it a faster solution?
    Can I create a Plan View from the current "Work plane"? (I set a work plane parallel to the top face of a beam and then draw elements <for purlins>)

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files
    Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Hi Lucian,

walls are set to a Level, so you will need one to be the top or bottom plane of your wall. So the answer is no if I clearly understand your question.

But one thing you can do is filter in views Levels with a shared parameter. But the fact is you will still have all the Levels in selection lists......

Beams and columns are a bit different, as they can be set on a reference plane.

good luck.
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

I would not generally recommend adding levels if they are not really needed. Often people add one for things like this, but you can easily just base the wall on the level below or above and put an offset to it. You can also create a secondary floor plan that just adjusts the view ranges based on the level above or below, but I would not make a new level.

Some may also use reference planes, but still I would just use the existing levels and use the offset.

HTH

Comment

That's bad...
        What about creating a Plan View from the current "Work plane"?
        Can you create Plan views from inclined planes?
        Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment

No, the only way is to create 3d view, orient to a ref. Plane and then locked it.
          Julien
          "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
          P. DAC
          Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
            I would not generally recommend adding levels if they are not really needed. Often people add one for things like this, but you can easily just base the wall on the level below or above and put an offset to it.
            Offsets are fine when dealing with singularities - but if you're working with a large building, designed to "datums" additional levels really come into their own. The second you go beyond 5 elements (of any category) that require instance offsets, you've added unnecessary manual editing & introduced an element of risk.

Personally, I use levels & grids like I do reference lines in my families; as a skeleton - and would advocate you add the level. You can always filter-hide "construction level" types later on in documentation.

Comment

A little word of caution - If you are going to use additional levels for things like this... You may run into issues like in this thread: http://www.revitforum.org/architectu...y-ceiling.html
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I would also recommend not to use extra levels for this. Cause it works the other way around too: once you created the Level (and leave it there) it will also be the Top Level for newly created walls which should go up to the next "real" level...
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment