Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making 'Revit Links' Un-snapable and Un-selectable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making 'Revit Links' Un-snapable and Un-selectable?

Hi there

Is it possible in Revit Architecture 2012 to make 'Revit Links' un-snapable and un-selectable?

Thanking you in advance

Rob

I assume you mean object snaps ?
    If so-
    Try Manage tab / Snaps for settings.
    Or shortcut key (by default) "SO" (snaps off)
    Attached Files
    Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mark b View Post
      I assume you mean object snaps ?
      If so-
      Try Manage tab / Snaps for settings.
      Or shortcut key (by default) "SO" (snaps off)
      I think he wants snaps on for everything BUT links. I don't think it's possible
      I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you could set up two views - one for your current model editable 'plan' and one for the link 'plan'. Overlay them on the sheet and pin position (Revit will pick up X and Y alignments when you drag the views on top of each other).

Then, in your editable plan, you will not be able to see or snap to the link.
        Luke Johnson | Autodesk Expert Elite Member
        Author of What Revit Wants

Comment

You may put the link in a Design Option. Won't be selectable anymore in the base model, unless you uncheck the box bottom right "exclude DO".

We talked already about this as a a way to freeze grids.

Hope it helps.
          Julien
          "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
          P. DAC
          Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I'll test the Disign Option out but I don't know how this will work out when I'm working with multiple Cad linked files.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
              Hi there

Is it possible in Revit Architecture 2012 to make 'Revit Links' un-snapable and un-selectable?

Thanking you in advance

Rob
              That is one of the many great features that I remember Microstation has.

Comment

Yes there's a lot of great features in MicroStation especially in the way it handles reference linked files which in my opinion is superior than Revit but saying that I like what Revit has to offer so far is other areas.

BWT: I've tested out the Design Options and unfortunately it doesn't work with Cad Linked Files.

Comment

Roberto,

I don't use cad in my files; but I have friends that do, and they use sometimes a special revit file to set all the linked cad files, then put it as a linked revit file in their project.

This way, crappy cad files are enclosed (a sort of), and you can use DO with the rvt linked file.
                  Julien
                  "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
                  P. DAC
                  Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment