Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why what i did in the family editor do not comply with project ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why what i did in the family editor do not comply with project ?!

Hi , i have like frame stone around window i tried to do it by void extrusion --array on the left -- then mirror to right . that is was ok with familty editor but with the project something is missing where the parts i mirrored it ??
    first attached image : the complete frame in the family editor.
    second attached image : the missing part loaded into project.
    Attached Files

When you mirror, the constraints dont mirror. Go in the family and lock the stuff down.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

the lock does not appear with the void extrusion parts !!

Comment

well i draw it again void form and then arrayed it without mirror it is not work so i come back and discovered that it does not associate to any workplane.
        from here was the remedy is that what do you mean when mirror it ?
        ahmed_hassan
        Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 21, 2011, 12:36 PM.

Comment

mirroring something means that you place a complete new component with the same shape. It doesn't copy alignments, locking, only some dimensions and parameters (the ones you applied while in sketch mode and only reference the geometry itself), or workplanes it's based on. You need to redo all that stuff, and some extra that Revit does for you when starting from scratch (like setting a workplane). Basically: until you master the content creation, I'd suggest you stay away from this command. After you do master it, you'll find that mirroring does not speed things up in family creation due to all these limitations... It seems fast, cause you get the geometry in a few clicks. But it's not, cause you loose all intelligence.

Just redraw it, way faster.
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment