Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Function Shortcut Revit Commands?

Hi there,

Is there a way of toggling on and off the visibility of lets say all or a define sets of 'Revit Links' files or 'Worksets' in the 'Visibility Graphic' section in Revit Architecture 2012 by means of an shortcut key or function key?

Maybe utiliising a 'View Templates' shortcut by means of some sort of scripted command, vba, marco is the way to go?

Thanking you in advance!

Rob
    Last edited by Roberto; October 20, 2011, 10:47 PM.

shortcuts are available to show/hide VG dialogues, but not show/hide specific selection sets - not in RAC anyway, i know structure has selection sets but guess they wouldn't be controllable through shortcuts either. the keyboard shortcuts (KS) dialogue shows all available shortcuts from within revit. That being said I have no idea about API functionality.

this does not discount the fact that there are multiple 3rd party software and hardware solutions which may achieve what you are after.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

You can use View Templates to do something like this. First you need to create a view template based on what the view looks like now. Then create another after turning things off. You've got two view templates now. Uncheck all of the other features that the view template can change so only V/G items (relevant ones) are actually applied. These two view templates will let you toggle back and forth between the settings. Make sure you name them so it is obvious that they are for temporary application. I've used this approach to help me review models for problems, to make it easier to see certain conditions in a variety of views. I only did it in views that are not used for documentation to avoid changing anything that should be printing.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
        ...These two view templates will let you toggle back and forth between the settings...
        Steve, unless i am misunderstanding you, the OP's specific question asks "Is there a way of toggling on and off the visibility...by means of an shortcut key or function key?" ASSuming he wants this functionality at the press of a single button, is there any possible way this can be achieved?
        Last edited by elton williams; October 22, 2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies but it would be great if I could assign this function to a shortcut.

Comment

Just wondering is there a way to gain access to all of Revits Command ID's?

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
              Just wondering is there a way to gain access to all of Revits Command ID's?
              Not sure if its all of them.....

But go to the View tab, User Interface panel (Far Right) and select Keyboard Shortcuts in the menu. There are quite a few commands listed there.

Edit...Sigh....of course Elton already gave you the "keyboard shortcut" for what I said...
              Last edited by MPwuzhere; October 28, 2011, 03:35 PM.
              Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Can't map a keyboard shortcut to apply a specific view template (other than default). Can to start the process though.

My response was less about one click than being able to "toggle" something back and forth more efficiently. I find that I have repetitive things I need to do for awhile and then a change changes what is repetitive again. What might have been great as a keyboard shortcut then is irrelevant, giving way to some other pressing thing. The API is where it can get interesting to resolve these kinds of things but at this point it is still too "high level" for most users.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
                  ...The API is where it can get interesting to resolve these kinds of things but at this point it is still too "high level" for most users.
                  me included! :laugh:

Comment