Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Line weights too thick in openings

Hey All,

I was wondering if you could help me with something that's been driving me nuts for a long while.
    When openings in a wall are in plan/cut view, the line weights of the opening are always thicker than the wall line weights and I have to constantly
    us the line tools to reduce their thickness. The line weights of the doors/windows and their subcomponents are all set to a thinner line weight than
    that of the wall but always come out thicker regardless of the scale.
    Am I missing something or is this just something I have to constantly deal with and waste time?

That has to do with what it is you are actually looking at the the line weight setting on that object in Projection.
    Most likely that object has a sub-category and you can change the line weight on that in your project
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Thank for the reply Robin. It's not a subcategory as I have them all set to thinner lines than the wall; and it's not anything beyond the view as it happens with ever door and window regardless of what would be beyond. All my line weights of the window and it's sub-categories are set to be thinner than those of the wall.

Comment

Can you post a tiny project with just the wall and 1 window?
        Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
        Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

One thing I like to do when diagnosing problems with categories & sub-cats id to set each of the sub-categories in question to a different color (don't forget the top-level main category)
          That way instead of trying to looks at the screen and figure out if its Line Weight 4 or 5, it's much more obvious when one is red and the other green
          Once you've narrowed it down to exactly which sub-category is causing the problems, THEN you can set them all back to black and play with the weights.
          Or if you find (and I suspect this is your problem) you find that the the problematic lines are still black, you may need to investigate other categories.
          In your case, I wonder if some of those lines are the edge of the Wall not the Door or Window
          Dave Plumb
          BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by therrien View Post
            Hey All,

I was wondering if you could help me with something that's been driving me nuts for a long while.
            When openings in a wall are in plan/cut view, the line weights of the opening are always thicker than the wall line weights and I have to constantly
            us the line tools to reduce their thickness. The line weights of the doors/windows and their subcomponents are all set to a thinner line weight than
            that of the wall but always come out thicker regardless of the scale.
            Am I missing something or is this just something I have to constantly deal with and waste time?

Is the family using a Filled/Masking Region for this area?
            Greg McDowell Jr
            about.me/GMcDowellJr

Comment

Is there is an "Opening" Object Style?
              Dwane

Comment

Originally posted by d.stairmand View Post
                Is there is an "Opening" Object Style?
                yes, there is.

And as Greg is getting at above, if you're using a masking region &/or lines in the family, that's what you'll see in the project. Check your project lineweights & your categories/subcategories.
                There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post

yes, there is.

And as Greg is getting at above, if you're using a masking region &/or lines in the family, that's what you'll see in the project. Check your project lineweights & your categories/subcategories.
                  OK. So where does one find the "Opening Object Style" in order to modify the lineweights? I too am having my openings show darker than my wall cut and projection lines when my view range is set to cut through the window openings.

Comment