Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

want to make like stones surrounding the window in the render?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to make like stones surrounding the window in the render?!

Hi everyone i just tried to make like the first skecth image , so in the second image i used split face with different pattern ( see the second image). this will make it look like it in the render but failed in the render to fullfill the desired shape ..... see my third image render
    so any ideas into how i can make this casing stone around window with easy quick method
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 19, 2011, 09:36 PM.

1. In-place family, with small joints/reveals modeled to give the relief/shadows when rendered. ( if you only have a single such window or only a few of them in the project.)

2. Nest such a family as described above into the window family. ( if you have a lot of these windows )

3. Wall, with profile edit to give proper outline/shape, then use reveals and or line-based families with voids to cut geometry for the joints. ( a bit more cumbersome technique, probably not as good as #2 above.)

cheers
    Last edited by cliff collins; October 19, 2011, 09:40 PM.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

well the first step i did not get it , second one i know your intention and you are right it saving me time .
      if you can explain to me in more detail that will be great
      Last edited by ahmed_hassan; October 19, 2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

OOOPs i tried to make the voids extrusion rectangle on the arch stone but why array is not active ...............impossible ,it will take me a plenty of time anyone can help me out
        Attached Files

Comment

Just copy them up on one side to the centerline of the window, the mirror for the other side. Worth the time, once it's done you are sailing fast in the project.
          Just think how the builder would have to do it? One at a time? Or set up a jig and "mass-produce" them?
          Cliff B. Collins
          Registered Architect
          The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
          Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Originally posted by cliff collins View Post
            Or set up a jig and "mass-produce" them?
            first time to hear jig i will do as you said(copying) i do not have another choice, by the way Did autodesk make in 2012 array work inside family? because in revit 2011 you can not array (only multiple copy).

Comment

arrays works in family editor. Maybe you shouldn't be in the 3d view.

Comment

Maybe another way to go...
                If it is just for a rendering, create the stones in an image and then use the image in a decal......quick and easy....
                I would prefer a generic family, but decal is an option if it is just fot render
                oplossingen zijn altijd simpel
                solutions are always simple

Comment