X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Elevation Symbols

Platform is Revit Architecture 2011.

Project is a multistory building.

The problem is: Create interior elevation on the First Floor, Tag appears and elevation is created however the Tag appears on all other floor plans (not associated and not wanted). Delete unwanted Tag and elevation goes so Tags are associated with primary Tag created on First Floor.
    :banghead:
    Has anyone else had this happen and do you have a cure?

Patrick

Sounds like it is because the elevation extents are going up through all of the levels. Open the elevation and pull the crop view down below the upper floors.
    Dan

Comment

I would agree

Comment

i think you need some view templates to turn off the elevation tags in other floor plans.

Comment

First thing I checked. Croped well below other floors. Can not use view template, need interior elevations specific to each floor visible. This is not common for Revit to apply Tags to other views, reguardless.''

Patrick
          Last edited by Patrick; October 19, 2011, 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Would you be able to upload part of the project that would display this issue?

Comment

what is the view range set to on the upper floors? If the bottom (not view depth) extends into the elevation extents they will show up as well.
              Last edited by chris.macko; October 19, 2011, 08:46 PM. Reason: meant view range, not view depth

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                First thing I checked. Croped well below other floors. Can not use view template, need interior elevations specific to each floor visible. This is not common for Revit to apply Tags to other views, reguardless.''

Patrick
                I think you can (as a last resort) create several interior elevations and name them per floor, then use a filter for each level. I do this with my sections. One for structural, foundation, wall, building. Then I filter them in my views. It should work for elevations too.

But, I would try to find out what exactly is happening. It doesn't sound right to me.
                Dan

Comment

File is a large airport major addition and renovation so it would difficult to upload if not impossible.
                  Never considered the filter option. Many thanks.

(The troubling part of the problem is it was working fine till a few days ago and of course I found out today.)

Comment

Are you the only one working on the model? Maybe somebody messed with a setting? Check what Chris said above. Make sure the view ranges of the levels are correct.
                    Dan

Comment