• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workflow for wooden flooring

How do you model this type of floor?
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bangobeat; October 19, 2011, 06:44 PM.

Personally I would model it as a separate floor family, that contains the air space and the wood flooring, but not the sleepers. I would leave it visible is all views (i.e. no "Finishes" Workset or Filter) and I would probably use the sand pattern and a tan color to define the material. The sleepers and insulation would be detail components in the details only. If the sleepers must show up in sections as well as details, I would consider modeling them as well, probably just using Structural Beams. And I would Join the two floors, so you get a nice fat profile line only at the top surface of the wood and the bottom surface of the concrete. This is the reason for modeling the air gap, so there is a common face for the two floors to join at.

Gordon
    Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Same as gordon...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

beam system

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
          beam system
          Yup, beam system :thumbsup:, and if you really want to go overboard, two beam systems one for battens in one direction and one for floorboards in the opposite direction.
          Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

OK, but why would one want to ventilate the hardcore with a cranked ventilator ? Especially since there is no suspended floor ? KM
            Kamran Mirza
            Chartered Architect RIBA, ARB, PCATP

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
              beam system
              Why, if I may ask? Seems a bit overboard to me (let alone do both...). Only when I wanted the actual length of the battens/sleepers (which is it?) I'd go that far...
              Martijn de Riet
              MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                Why, if I may ask? Seems a bit overboard to me (let alone do both...). Only when I wanted the actual length of the battens/sleepers (which is it?) I'd go that far...
                from Gordon`s post " If the sleepers must show up in sections as well as details, I would consider modeling them as well, probably just using Structural Beams. "
                --> in this situations beam systems are more easy to control than manually put beams. It`s so easy to scketch shapes an openings in the floor with with them also to adjust the distance between members.

Comment

Ok, didn't think you were referring to Gordon's post...
                  Yup, when modelling is required I'd also go with a beam system rather then loose beams.
                  Or maybe a Curtain System roof when beams in multiple configurations are necessary (for instance around holes in the floor, non-rectangular edges, and that sort of stuff).
                  Martijn de Riet
                  MdR Advies

Comment