crop region box suddenly disappears when i try reducing its size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crop region box suddenly disappears when i try reducing its size

seems it's old issue, and i don't know what's the reason, any solution or workaround?

this time it happens in 3D view, "Crop Region Visible" boxes are checked.

not a big deal but quite annoying when put this view on sheet if that crop region box is too big.

Cannot replicate behaviour here.

I am guessing a video card issue - is it the same with hardware acceleration off?

How old is the card - make / model?

tested with NVidea GTX460
    Ian Kidston
    http://allextensions.com.au

Comment

thanks Ian.

it's random, no clue at all, but somehow it's related to section box (?), if i turn off section box, then everything is OK (i can resize crop region as i like), but if turn on section box again, then original section box size is gone, you have to resize section box again, later on, same thing (crop region disappear) happen again during resize of either section box or crop region.

is there a way to "lock" section box so its size won't change during turn on/off?

Comment

Seems to get worst with 2013. What i find works is to simply twist the view slightly and youre good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ning Zhou View Post
          thanks Ian.

is there a way to "lock" section box so its size won't change during turn on/off?
          I was just asked about this the other day too... Only work around I know of is to just turn off the category instead, per view. Not sure what the logic is behind having it reset all the time, other than it always seems to reset back to the extents of the model...

I have not noticed the crop region issue yet...
          Last edited by Jj Mac; September 4, 2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Adding on to DanielHurtubise - it works when you slightly 'twist' the view - then you can use the 'Rewind' function to get back to your original view

Comment

MAN, I wish we could have a Keyboard Shortcut for "Rewind"
              That's the only thing I ever use the Wheel for.
              Dave Plumb
              BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
                MAN, I wish we could have a Keyboard Shortcut for "Rewind"
                That's the only thing I ever use the Wheel for.
                yeah, I always wondered why there was no shortcut for it and why it's not available anywhere but the steering wheel (which I hate)
                I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Try this...i did and it works.

Crop view.JPG
                  Last edited by phikhanguyen; October 7, 2014, 06:07 AM. Reason: image not show correctly.
                  npkha

Comment