Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoover to Select/Highlight - Not Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoover to Select/Highlight - Not Working!

It seems after a certain amount of time I am unable to hoover over objects to select them, and these are object i was previously able to.
    To be clear i cant hover over anything to select. I have tried syncronzying, closing all other hidden windows, docking the properties and project browser, unchecking the Use Hardware Acceleration box, updating the graphics card, reinstalling the whole program and it is still happening...i dont know if its just a setting or what. The only way to be able to hoover and highlight to select again is closing and reopening Revit, and then its only a matter of time until i am able to select again. This is extremely time consuming and frustrating.

Does any one know a solution to this? Or have any ideas?

How much RAM are you carrying? Soujnds like a memory issue to me.
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

When I am unable to hover and select, it's typically because the item has been placed into a design option.

Comment

I have had this happen too and I'm usually nowhere near maxing out my RAM, I have 12gb and I'm usually using 7-8. If you switch to another file (edit a family or start a new project) and back in the same session of revit it will work again, but it seems to forget whatever change you made right before it happened. I was thinking it had something to do with video card memory.

Comment